Findmall.com

Modifications Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Sidewinder Mod Question?
Posted by: BarryL
Date: October 09, 2017 11:08AM
Have a Tesoro Sidewinder with the 1/8 inch headphone jack .I would like to get this replaced with a 1/4 inch jack and also if possible to add a ground balance to the detector preferably a ten turn pot if interested send me info on cost to me . As of right now it will not detect more than 4 inches with the 8 inch coil so not sure what gives but I do know Tesoro will not do the mods I want .

Re: Sidewinder Mod Question?
Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: October 09, 2017 03:48PM
Should be a solid 6 inch machine at worst...one wonders if it needs factory work such as tuning-calibration etc...

Posted by: fowlercharles
Date: October 27, 2017 09:30PM
Hi Barry , I would suggest that before you spend a lot of time effort and money on mods to your Sidewinder that you contact Monte and let him give you his thoughts concerning the Sidewinder. It is still a great machine but is aged and piecy parts (boards especially) are scarce or no longer available. Hopefully Dan is correct and it may just need some tune up and TLC Maint. Call Tesoro and talk to them before making plans for any serious mods. My thoughts would steer you toward a different Tesoro to do any mods.HH, Charlie

Posted by: BarryL
Date: November 04, 2017 01:19PM
Thanks Charles I traded the detector anyway Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login