Findmall.com

Modifications Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Mars Telescopic Rod ?
Posted by: BarryL
Date: November 05, 2017 06:40AM
Has anyone on here bought one and mounted the AT Pro to it if so how much modification is required. I would like to do this as I have the Deus and like the ergonomics of it better than the Stock at pro rod Thanks

Re: Mars Telescopic Rod ?
Posted by: Old California
Date: November 06, 2017 07:06AM
I've tried mounting an AT-Gold once to a Mars Deus like shaft, didn't like the appearance from the extended studs showing. Unless one drills out holes for the AT mounting studs like the Garrett shaft, this will eliminate the terrible appearance.

The Mars shaft are ok, but feel heavier than a Deus shaft. Plus, Mars shaft have some swing play in the lower shaft area especially with bigger coils. Lower shaft are not as solid as a lower deus shaft, so ergonomics wise its ok but with larger coils the lower shaft will feel a little rubbery if a used swings fast.

Deus shaft are better, lighter and ergonomics wise the better shaft, cost more through. But you'll still need to drill out two holes for the AT stud's, maybe it's not worth the hassle.

Good luck,
Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2017 07:17AM by Old California.

Posted by: BarryL
Date: November 06, 2017 04:48PM
Thanks Paul that's all I need to hear

Posted by: Old California
Date: November 06, 2017 09:20PM
No problem BarryL,

Every shaft has it's strengths and weakness, and depending on user what works for them may not work for others.

I use these with non-metered detectors, And each with an added accessible feature or two within finger's reach. Currently using a Deus shaft with an advanced German made TR/Tone Mine detector, Two Mars shafts one used with a GPX the other a Tesoro Lobo with duel discrimination.

Between the Deus and Mars shaft, Hands down the Deus shaft works best for my detecting needs. But the Mars shaft price, hard to beat so I use these as well. Also, Use the Telescopic type with a Blisstool V6. This particular shaft is ok, it too is telescopic and is great for carrying in a back pack.

Good luck,
Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2017 09:24PM by Old California.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login