Findmall.com

Fisher CZ Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Digital CZ's ?
Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: February 13, 2012 09:13AM
I don't know about the rest of you,But I have noticed that it seems the older digital CZ's like the CZ-7A,CZ-7A PRO,AND CZ-70 can be run hotter than most CZ-70 PRO's? I know that some are still just as hot,But I had a couple of friends with the old digital CZ's that seem to find some of the deepest coins I ever saw dug out of the ground. Any of you notice this also?

Re: Digital CZ's ?
Posted by: Rick8
Date: February 13, 2012 12:33PM
I have one of the CZ 70s that start with serial no. 112. It will run at sensitivity 6 if the ground balance is right on. I do not think this is one of the hotter units. In my test garden it will only get a dime and nickle at 10 inches, a penny at 8 inches but will find a quarter at 12 inches, all clad. When run at sen at 4 these depths reduce a lot. Quarter about 9 inches and all the rest about 6 inches.

Re: Digital CZ's ?
Posted by: cometguy
Date: February 13, 2012 02:03PM
I never really thought about pushing the sensitivity up until last year. I always ran it at about 5, similar to my CZ3d. One day I hit a really weak signal and cranked it up to six to check it. It made a world of difference. I dug a nice Mercury dime at 8 inches. I forgot I had cranked it up and kept hunting at 6. Once I realized it was up I didn't see any problems so I continue to crank it up to 6 . I love how quiet they are until you get a good signal.

Don
HH

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login