Findmall.com

Fisher CZ Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
CZ3D thoughts and a question
Posted by: Bill_S
Date: February 13, 2012 09:18AM
I just bought the 3D that I used in the video below brand new. It will only air test at the most 10 1/2" with a good repeatable signal. While detecting yesterday I only dug one rusty piece of iron that was about 4 inches long and as big as a pencil. It was giving a double beep so I probably should not even have been fooled by it but I dug it anyway just in case. The other 3D I had would definately go deeper but I found myself digging a lot of deep rusty nails. I wonder if the super hot ones may be more prone to iron falsing.

Next question. The disc knob on the new one I bought is not lined up correctly. How can I get the knob off to line it up right? I see a little hole that looks like it should be a place to use an allen wrench but its not. Thanks.

Central Missouri

Youtube channel - Dirtfishing

Etrac
V3i
AT Pro

Re: CZ3D thoughts and a question
Date: February 13, 2012 10:24AM
Got the disc knob figured out......

Central Missouri

Etrac
V3i
AT Pro

Posted by: Digger70pa
Date: February 13, 2012 12:08PM
Only dig repeatable sharp high tones. When you find a target circle it. If it responds as a sharp repeatable high tone it most likely good. If it grunts iron it most likely bad. Pin point it if you have a doubt about it then circle that spot. If it has any stutter it's most likely iron. Hope it helps TIM

From The Great Appalachian Valley T2se G2 CZ-3D CZ70 CZ21 XLT Pro pointer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2012 12:27PM by Digger70pa.

Re: CZ3D thoughts and a question Only 10 and a half?
Posted by: cometguy
Date: February 13, 2012 02:08PM
I would be tickled to death with a new CZ that air tests at 10 and a half. My 1021 is about there. I can't imagine saying "only" in that sentence. That is a great air test. It looks like your machine is doing fine work too. I loved the video. Thanks for letting people know that some of these new CZs still get the job done.

Don

Re: CZ3D thoughts and a question Only 10 and a half?
Date: February 13, 2012 02:21PM
I guess I was comparing this one against the other one I had.......But I really think this one runs smoother and does not seem to have the bad iron falsing problem the other one did seem to have. I am happy with it so far.

Central Missouri

Etrac
V3i
AT Pro

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: February 13, 2012 05:47PM
I noticed the same thing with the First Texas or newer model I have now compared to my 1021 Los Banos I bought new on the first run they had. The 1021 was just a little hotter in ground performance,But the First Texas one I have runs smoother in iron with less falsing. And almost as deep.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login