Findmall.com

Fisher CZ Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Why can't Fisher ---
Posted by: joe dirt_1
Date: February 25, 2012 10:01AM
I wish someone made a rod system like the 1266x had that would accept my CZ5 control box. It would balance better and be less fatigue swinging with a big coil without hipmounting the unit.

Re: Why can't Fisher ---
Posted by: jmaryt
Date: February 25, 2012 11:41AM
learn to hip mount your cz-3d as fisher makes provision for that!
turns the detector in to a light weight coin sniper. you won't need the ergonomics of
the f-75!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Mount the CZ this way JD
Posted by: therover
Date: February 25, 2012 02:16PM
Since I have mounted my CZ's on straight shafts like this, I can swing em all day. Bear in mind, I tone hunt so I don't need to look at the meter.

Re: That's the problem, getting one tuned after its sent in for repairs-
Posted by: Father Towell
Date: February 26, 2012 01:19PM
Hmmm, I have mine set on DISC=0, "Enhanced", SENS=4.7, VOLUME=3, all the time. I ground balance and go. That's (1) setting!

If you're playing with 20+ settings, you're playing too much.

Re: Mount the CZ this way JD
Posted by: Father Towell
Date: February 26, 2012 01:20PM
Great setup Rover!

Where did you get the parts?

I used an old CZ upper rod assembly
Posted by: therover
Date: February 26, 2012 01:59PM
A forum member, PyrorCreekJoe, was kind enough to send me a used CZ rod assembly. I cut off the part that the CZ attaches to, drilled holes through it and the straight shaft. Connected the part with a short nut/bolt assembly and there ya go. The tricky part was getting the nut inside the tube and threading the bolt to it. Had to use a screwdriver to hold the nut in place.

Here is a close up.

They are tuned to the specifications guideline writen by the guy that invented the CZ platform
Posted by: Mike Scott
Date: February 26, 2012 05:44PM
I have worked for Fisher since 1991 and used and sold all the CZ incarnations. CZs have ALWAYS had variations in depth because its the nature of the platform.
Units leaving the factory meet the required specifications set in the test and tune manual same as they always have since the first CZ. The test and tune manual has not changed.

While its acknowledged that some units exceed the factory required minimum specifications laid out in the test and tune manual that does not mean ones that do not exceed the parameters were tuned wrong.

With all CZs the tuning procedure is intended to strike a balance between sensitivity (good) and false signals (bad) just as David Johnson intended when he wrote the test and tune manual for different users and conditions around the world. Its not difficult to make a CZ hotter to a certain degree and that

Re: That's the problem, getting one tuned after its sent in for repairs-
Posted by: jmaryt
Date: February 26, 2012 09:22PM
it's all ya need! "killer" setting!
hear it all! "nasty" detector!..match a trac!
20 year old technology!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login