Findmall.com

Fisher CZ Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: CZ-3D Pro, Ready for fall detecting
Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: October 02, 2012 07:59AM
First best CZ mod I have ever seen and a tip of the hat for a mod well done..Imagine this would take a lot of technical skill and imagine the average guy does not have the skill or equipment to do. Thanks for sharing...A word to the wise imagine it would kill the warranty if you have a unit with warranty left so keep that in mind..Always said some of our guys should work for metal detector outfits as over the years really saw some nice mods and again best mod I ever saw for a CZ and been around them for 20 years...

Posted by: cometguy
Date: October 02, 2012 08:25AM
Wow! Congrats on a very impressive mod. Maybe Fisher will check this out and see how eager the CZ guys are for a new CZ.

Don

CZ Module theory?
Posted by: Old California
Date: October 02, 2012 11:57AM
Thank you Dan,

So true, it will void the warranty if one modifies a detector. Plus, even if the warranty expires a detector company can refuse to repair a modified detector.

Not quite done with this CZ-3D project, This current setup reminds me of the Treasure Baron modular setup of switching modules. I beleive it can operate like a module setup with quickly switching circuit boards. Every connection to the board is a connector type so it takes less than 2 minutes to pull out the circuit board reconnect the connectors then reinsert it back in, I have a non-working CZ-6 QuickSilver circuit board that hooks up to the same connectors and fits in the 3-D housing so for now it appears it should operate with the CZ-3D control panel above the handle.

Plus, The CZ-6 QuickSilver and 3D appear to have the same row of resistors on the AutoTune Disc pot. My CZ-6 circuit board has issues so I'll need to pickup another board in the future and see if the module theory works, Maybe other CZ model circuit boards will work off the CZ-3 control analog panel just need to visually compare them.

Made a change, removed the dead control analog panel from the rear and replaced it with a dummy plate. Need to order a new decal the one I used has lost it's sticky resdue.

Thanks again Dan,
Paul (Ca)

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2012 11:59AM by Old California.

Date: October 02, 2012 12:09PM
Thanks Don,

At first, was hesitant to post the mod. Good things can sometimes open up a can of worms and hopefully nothing negative comes from these minor changes to the CZ-3D, This 3D idea has been in my back pocket close to a year now.

I appreciate all the wonderful things Fisher has done and understand if they can't employ some of these ideas, Analog is coming to an end and it's more cost effective to go Digital.

Thanks again Don,
Paul (Ca)

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Re: CZ Module theory?
Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: October 02, 2012 05:30PM
Lets face it analog is on its way out and digital along with F series units is in...So guys and gals I would really be surprised at an improved CZ rather than an improved F series unit from Fisher....only time will tell and whatever works...

Posted by: tvr
Date: October 02, 2012 07:35PM
Beautiful mod!
tvr

Posted by: Mike T
Date: October 02, 2012 09:26PM
I've never looked inside a CZ model before, how compact is the electronics inside? could it be repackaged into something like the back of a T2? now that the face is off the box it seems a little boxey in the back of the rod.. I would think the rod from a BH Platinum would work well with this setup.

Date: October 03, 2012 11:58AM
Just about any shaft will work this setup, the BH Platinum shaft you have in mind will work well.

Here's a pic of a CZ-6 QuickSilver circuit board, it's the same size as the 3D board both double stacked.

It's too big to fit inside something like the T-2 rear compartment, the Fisher housing is about the best size box for this size board plus it contains a battery slot and speaker in most cases.

Great news, managed to get this CZ-6 board going and it does operate from the CZ-3D control panel. Now both the CZ-6 and CZ-3D work with this new setup with the control panel above the handle, Takes 2-3 minutes to swap out boards.

Paul (Ca)

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2012 12:01PM by Old California.

Posted by: Mike T
Date: October 03, 2012 02:26PM
I'd like to see a digitalized version of the CZ3d with a larger meter with numerical readout and ground and other info, keeping the knobs and package it in something like the F5 with a small micro circuit box under the elbow.

Sweet looking set up for sure.............N/T
Posted by: Elton
Date: October 10, 2012 11:26PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Posted by: oneton
Date: November 21, 2016 09:23PM
The boards should fit a box sim to the nautilus so everything is under the forearm,so all you have to do is look down at the meter .

CZ-3D Pro,
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: November 26, 2016 03:14PM
Nice work Paul,

Not sure how I missed this one originally, but glad I found it while kicking thru some old posts.

Rich (Utah)

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Re: CZ-3D Pro,
Date: November 26, 2016 03:35PM
Thanks Rich,

This was the first attempt, I've since changed it over to another same shaft setup. The first shaft snapped near the handle, and have since added a rare Elliptical DD coil to the neat shaft. Think Fisher only made four DD coils, luckily from a dealer friend he passed the DD to me.

Thanks Rich,
Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Re: CZ-3D Pro,
Posted by: El
Date: November 28, 2016 11:22PM
Paul always does a great job reconfiguring different units. I've seen quite a few of them first hand.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login