Findmall.com

Fisher CZ Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Fisher cz5 and gold?
Posted by: JJames1610
Date: January 26, 2016 09:49AM
Can someone please tell me where Gold reads on the CZ 5 detector? I am new to this machine, but already love it. If someone has found Gold with it please tell me where Gold reads on the screen. Also does small Gold read different than larger Gold? Thanks

Re: Fisher cz5 and gold?
Posted by: pasttom
Date: January 26, 2016 11:57AM
Yes, and true of all detectors. The alloy of jewelry and even natural gold will shift the scale as does the size of gold. It falls from foil to a nickel and can even drop into iron in some circumstances. I have some great finds that had horrible tone and VID.
silver almost always rings up high, but gold can hide nearly everywhere. General rule dig mid tones for gold but it can be high or low, too.

Pastor Tom
7 Minelabs, 3 Makros and a few others - rebuilding inventory
under the watchful eyes of my Welsh Corgi Sadie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2016 11:58AM by pasttom.

Posted by: DetectorCollector
Date: January 26, 2016 02:31PM
You could end up digging countless foil,pull tab and square tab signals before digging up the huge gold ring.But you have to dig those signals in order to get to the gold.I find the smaller thinner ladies rings end up in the foil range.The bigger rings (ladies or mens) tend to hit in the pull tab square tab area.Their are always exceptions to the rules however.Those CZ's are very good jewelry hunters as I have found many gold rings with them.Good luck with your CZ they are one of a kind and my first choice when hunting.

Fisher F-75 with DST
7 "Nasa Tom" tuned CZ-5's
3 CZ-5's converted to 3D specs
"NasaTom" tuned CZ-6a converted to 3D specs
2 "Nasa Tom" tuned CZ-6's
"Nasa Tom" tuned CZ-70 Pro
2 CZ-7A Pros
CZ-21
2 Coinstrikes
Original Gold Bug
M-101
Whites V3I
M-6
MXT Pro
2 XLT's
XL Pro
Beach Hunter 300
6000 DI Pro SL
Coinmaster 5000D
Minelab E-trac
CTX 3030
Tesoro Vaquero
Cortes
DeLeon
Garrett Total Response Master Hunter
Garrett Master Hunter 7X
Makro Racer
Racer 2
Teknetics T2 with DST
XP Deus
7 Sunray Probes
75 Coils
22 Pairs of Headphones

You will have to pry my CZ's from my cold dead hands

Troy

Posted by: jimz49
Date: January 26, 2016 02:53PM
DetectorCollector you have a very enviable list of detectors in your signature line, many top of the line machines from a variety of manufacturers. Can you explain why your go to detector is a "CZ" over, for example a CTX, Deus, V3i, etc. I'm not questioning your statement, I really want to know what makes the CZ a timeless detector in your opinion. I've found a lot of owner bias in the forums when asking about one detector vs another. But since you own them all, I honestly believe you have nothing to gain by skewing the truth.

Date: January 26, 2016 03:13PM
jimz49
DetectorCollector you have a very enviable list of detectors in your signature line, many top of the line machines from a variety of manufacturers. Can you explain why your go to detector is a "CZ" over, for example a CTX, Deus, V3i, etc. I'm not questioning your statement, I really want to know what makes the CZ a timeless detector in your opinion. I've found a lot of owner bias in the forums when asking about one detector vs another. But since you own them all, I honestly believe you have nothing to gain by skewing the truth.
I guess it all boils down to personal preference.I've been using CZ's since their birth in the early 90's.They are just a simple easy to use very deep detector.In my established coin garden they sound off on all targets clearly (the deepest being a 12" dime) where as the others don't hear them all or they are questionable signals.I am not knocking any of them what so ever or I wouldn't own and use so many.They all have their strengths and weaknesses.After almost 24 years of swinging every detector I can think of,coil for coil the CZ's have no equal.Once again just my opinion.HH !

Fisher F-75 with DST
7 "Nasa Tom" tuned CZ-5's
3 CZ-5's converted to 3D specs
"NasaTom" tuned CZ-6a converted to 3D specs
2 "Nasa Tom" tuned CZ-6's
"Nasa Tom" tuned CZ-70 Pro
2 CZ-7A Pros
CZ-21
2 Coinstrikes
Original Gold Bug
M-101
Whites V3I
M-6
MXT Pro
2 XLT's
XL Pro
Beach Hunter 300
6000 DI Pro SL
Coinmaster 5000D
Minelab E-trac
CTX 3030
Tesoro Vaquero
Cortes
DeLeon
Garrett Total Response Master Hunter
Garrett Master Hunter 7X
Makro Racer
Racer 2
Teknetics T2 with DST
XP Deus
7 Sunray Probes
75 Coils
22 Pairs of Headphones

You will have to pry my CZ's from my cold dead hands

Troy

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2016 03:27PM by DetectorCollector.

Posted by: bradwheat777
Date: January 26, 2016 03:23PM
I plan on keeping mine for a long time!

Bradwheat

V3i
AT Pro
Vaquero
CZ-5 (hip mount)
Eurotek Pro DD
Etrac
T2SE

Good things come to those who wait, the best things come to those who don't give up!

Posted by: tvr
Date: January 26, 2016 04:13PM
As mentioned above, foil / tab / nickle range is where most of the gold jewelry is found. Occasionally a big ring may get to the zinc penny range. A while back one very prolific scuba hunter posted an extremely big gold ring that came in high tone copper penny / dime range. Small gold rings that are split or broken at a resized joint have come in as iron.

Posted by: cadman_us
Date: January 26, 2016 05:30PM
tvr
As mentioned above, foil / tab / nickle range is where most of the gold jewelry is found. Occasionally a big ring may get to the zinc penny range. A while back one very prolific scuba hunter posted an extremely big gold ring that came in high tone copper penny / dime range. Small gold rings that are split or broken at a resized joint have come in as iron.

+1

To many detectors, not enough places to hunt.....

Posted by: Frank L
Date: January 26, 2016 05:59PM
Detector Collector, what setting do you find to be the best for gold rings?

Date: January 26, 2016 06:29PM
Frank L
Detector Collector, what setting do you find to be the best for gold rings?
I always run in 0 disc (I want to hear the iron) sensitivity just below 5 and ground balance (bobbing method) accordingly.When you want the Gold you just have to dig more.I dig almost every signal that bounces. I've been rewarded many times digging those types of signals.Hope this helps.HH !

Date: January 26, 2016 08:18PM
Thanks guys, its been helpful. I buried a 15 inch car wheel at 36 inches deep. Freshly buried. My cz5 is the only one that could find it. That's why I kept it.
Also guys what if it is say a hoard of gold coins what would it register

Posted by: Frank L
Date: January 26, 2016 08:28PM
Thank you, sir

Date: January 26, 2016 08:29PM
JJames1610
Thanks guys, its been helpful. I buried a 15 inch car wheel at 36 inches deep. Freshly buried. My cz5 is the only one that could find it. That's why I kept it.

Its going to say "dig me" !!!

Posted by: trojdor
Date: January 26, 2016 09:01PM
JJames1610

Probably in the higher conductor range, but I don't have my hoard of gold coins handy to verify. :wink:

mike

Date: January 26, 2016 10:16PM
I don't have any to test it either. Just would really like to know whether it would sound off high or in a mid tone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login