Findmall.com

Fisher CZ Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Fisher cz5 and gold?
Posted by: DetectorCollector
Date: January 26, 2016 10:26PM
JJames1610
I don't have any to test it either. Just would really like to know whether it would sound off high or in a mid tone.

If it was a hoard of Gold coins I would almost guarantee it would give a high tone.Most (not all) Gold coins will give a high tone on a CZ.

Fisher F-75 with DST
7 "Nasa Tom" tuned CZ-5's
3 CZ-5's converted to 3D specs
"NasaTom" tuned CZ-6a converted to 3D specs
2 "Nasa Tom" tuned CZ-6's
"Nasa Tom" tuned CZ-70 Pro
2 CZ-7A Pros
CZ-21
2 Coinstrikes
Original Gold Bug
M-101
Whites V3I
M-6
MXT Pro
2 XLT's
XL Pro
Beach Hunter 300
6000 DI Pro SL
Coinmaster 5000D
Minelab E-trac
CTX 3030
Tesoro Vaquero
Cortes
DeLeon
Garrett Total Response Master Hunter
Garrett Master Hunter 7X
Makro Racer
Racer 2
Teknetics T2 with DST
XP Deus
7 Sunray Probes
75 Coils
22 Pairs of Headphones

You will have to pry my CZ's from my cold dead hands

Troy

Posted by: JJames1610
Date: January 27, 2016 05:59AM
That is the kind of info I am looking for.
What if it was pretty deep say 2 feet or more, do you think it would still give a high tone?

Date: February 01, 2016 01:47PM
Thanks you have been a big help to me. I have read this forum for about 3 years, love the information on here. I just had to join so I could ask a question. My cz5 has been giving me a foil reading and I have been digging my butt off, nothing found yet.

Date: February 01, 2016 01:51PM
I am not looking in parks or a beach, I am looking on the side of an Oklahoma mountain that has marks on the rocks. Just having a hard time. I am not sure if the foil reading is mineralization in the soil or what. When I pinpoint it it shows to be deep. Even the sound sounds deep. I have dug down to 4 feet mark and still not find anything

Date: February 01, 2016 01:56PM
Also once you get down about a foot or so, your detector seems worthless for pinpointing or anything. Seems like once you disturb the soil everything changes.
Just frustrated OK. If your pretty sure a hoard will give a high tone, then that would help a lot, thanks again

Date: February 01, 2016 05:47PM
JJames1610
Also once you get down about a foot or so, your detector seems worthless for pinpointing or anything. Seems like once you disturb the soil everything changes.
Just frustrated OK. If your pretty sure a hoard will give a high tone, then that would help a lot, thanks again

I am by no means an expert and have never found a gold cache before.I just go by what works for me.Put a good 100 hours into that CZ or any detector for that matter and you will be come one with it.I just dug out a 46 rosie out of my back yard today surrounded by nails with my CZ6a.It was bouncing all over the place with all the nails around it,yet it gave just enough repeatable high tone to dig it.That is my 28th silver out of my yard over the course of 2 summers.I have literally pounded my yard with almost every detector you can think of and they all found coins.I feel 2 big parts of this hobby is patience and persistence.More than 200 coins have come out my yard so far including 1 standing liberty quarter,3 washington,1 seated dime 3 barber dimes 11 mercs,6 rosies (including the 46 today) 3 silver war nickels,13 indians more than 35 wheaties,2 rings and a beer cup full of clad.The more time you can put into one site the more will come out of the ground.Its amazing what you can and will find when you slow down and take your time.I know their is still more to be found in my yard.I think the remaining coins and such are heavily masked by iron and the like.Dont be so quick in just having the mind set to finding a hoard of gold coins,we all want that.It could lead you to losing interest in the hobby.The good finds will come thats for sure.Just go out and enjoy the hobby for what it is and have fun.Thats what its all about,at least for me anyway.

Fisher F-75 with DST
7 "Nasa Tom" tuned CZ-5's
3 CZ-5's converted to 3D specs
"NasaTom" tuned CZ-6a converted to 3D specs
2 "Nasa Tom" tuned CZ-6's
"Nasa Tom" tuned CZ-70 Pro
2 CZ-7A Pros
CZ-21
2 Coinstrikes
Original Gold Bug
M-101
Whites V3I
M-6
MXT Pro
2 XLT's
XL Pro
Beach Hunter 300
6000 DI Pro SL
Coinmaster 5000D
Minelab E-trac
CTX 3030
Tesoro Vaquero
Cortes
DeLeon
Garrett Total Response Master Hunter
Garrett Master Hunter 7X
Makro Racer
Racer 2
Teknetics T2 with DST
XP Deus
7 Sunray Probes
75 Coils
22 Pairs of Headphones

You will have to pry my CZ's from my cold dead hands

Troy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2016 06:11PM by DetectorCollector.

Posted by: supertraq
Date: February 28, 2016 09:47AM
Big misconception is the cz's aren't as good in iron trash,I say none equal a good cz.
I'm not talking about a nbpt with nails and coins on the same plane. I'm talking real world scenario where coins and rusty iron are at different depths,cz win.
Compadre does great on a nail board but fails 100% of the time with my foam block with rusty nails above and to the side of the con,cz passes with ease.
On and my cz's false to iron no more than or even as much as my other machines.

Fisher cz 20 since 1993,,,,Fisher cz 6a,,,Tek gamma 6000,,,,Tesoro compadre,,,,Tek Eurotek pro x 2,,,Tek omega 8000,Fisher gold bug se 29er,,Fisher F75 se. Formerly waynebo,,
People look at the world by the way they themselves act...Honest peole think most people are honest...Dishonest people think most peole are dishonest.

Date: February 28, 2016 03:56PM
supertraq
Big misconception is the cz's aren't as good in iron trash,I say none equal a good cz.
I'm not talking about a nbpt with nails and coins on the same plane. I'm talking real world scenario where coins and rusty iron are at different depths,cz win.
Compadre does great on a nail board but fails 100% of the time with my foam block with rusty nails above and to the side of the con,cz passes with ease.
On and my cz's false to iron no more than or even as much as my other machines.

Con=Coin,never noticed there's no edit on here.

Fisher cz 20 since 1993,,,,Fisher cz 6a,,,Tek gamma 6000,,,,Tesoro compadre,,,,Tek Eurotek pro x 2,,,Tek omega 8000,Fisher gold bug se 29er,,Fisher F75 se. Formerly waynebo,,
People look at the world by the way they themselves act...Honest peole think most people are honest...Dishonest people think most peole are dishonest.

Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: March 01, 2016 02:50PM
Anyone ever think of what it is buried in and how that would change the signal....As far as gold rings foil is the hot spot but could land anywhere from iron to coins all depending on size kt. and what metal is mixed with it....

Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: March 01, 2016 02:54PM
Why would anyone have over a dozen CZ's in his weapons???????

Date: March 01, 2016 06:16PM
Dan-Pa.

I just can't help myself !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2016 06:19PM by DetectorCollector.

Posted by: tvr
Date: March 01, 2016 06:32PM
DetectorCollector

:rofl: ... and I somewhat resemble that too! Just not quite to the same extent.

Date: March 01, 2016 06:45PM
DetectorCollector
Dan-Pa.

Best answer ever,lol:fisher:

Posted by: Texas Ed
Date: March 09, 2016 06:48AM
JJames 1610 plant a coin - jewelery & trash graden and practice. Old finger rings - ear rings - different coins - pull tabs - square tabs - aluminum can slaw I have found I made a garden in my back yard & front yard just for practicing on my different machines. No matter what you read and experience form other sources will not always match up with your soil & weather conditions in your area. To know how your machine will react and the sounds that it puts come from first had experence. Wish you great success dirt fishing with your machine.

Texas ED
S/E Texas Gulf Coast

Posted by: sargoguy
Date: September 30, 2016 10:17PM
I just read Tom's article on the cz's....On all but the Cz3d 5.00 gold coin registers as a square tab. The 10 and 20 dollar gold cons will give a high tone...They will all give high tone with the cz3d...Hopefully this will help

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login