Findmall.com

Fisher CZ Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
CZ-5 Value
Posted by: DetectorCollector
Date: February 07, 2016 10:45AM
A CZ-5 with 2 coils just sold on the bay for $435 plus $27.55 shipping.Although that doesn't surprise me it just goes to show how them old CZ's hold their value.I would say it was in good condition at best.It had a cracked ground balance knob and some scrapes and scratches.I can only imagine what a "Nasa Tom" calibrated unit would bring in excellent shape.I would think it would add at least another $150 to the price.The most I ever paid for a non calibrated unit in excellent shape was $430 and I thought that was reasonable.Love them CZ's.

Fisher F-75 with DST
7 "Nasa Tom" tuned CZ-5's
3 CZ-5's converted to 3D specs
"NasaTom" tuned CZ-6a converted to 3D specs
2 "Nasa Tom" tuned CZ-6's
"Nasa Tom" tuned CZ-70 Pro
2 CZ-7A Pros
CZ-21
2 Coinstrikes
Original Gold Bug
M-101
Whites V3I
M-6
MXT Pro
2 XLT's
XL Pro
Beach Hunter 300
6000 DI Pro SL
Coinmaster 5000D
Minelab E-trac
CTX 3030
Tesoro Vaquero
Cortes
DeLeon
Garrett Total Response Master Hunter
Garrett Master Hunter 7X
Makro Racer
Racer 2
Teknetics T2 with DST
XP Deus
7 Sunray Probes
75 Coils
22 Pairs of Headphones

You will have to pry my CZ's from my cold dead hands

Troy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2016 10:46AM by DetectorCollector.

Re: CZ-5 Value
Posted by: pasttom
Date: February 07, 2016 11:04AM
The 'bay is a crap shoot for price and quality. I got a 3D recently for under $300 total, shipped. I've seen virtually every series CZ go high and low with little sense for condition to price- many claiming NASA Tom calibrated/certified. If nothing else it proves the CZ is a sell able/buy able unit! IMO they have a reputation of effective workhorse detectors.

Pastor Tom
7 Minelabs, 3 Makros and a few others - rebuilding inventory
under the watchful eyes of my Welsh Corgi Sadie

Posted by: supertraq
Date: February 15, 2016 03:40PM
I'm hanging on to mine and hoping that someday someone will develop a better machine,but until then cz's still are King.:fisher:

Fisher cz 20 since 1993,,,,Fisher cz 6a,,,Tek gamma 6000,,,,Tesoro compadre,,,,Tek Eurotek pro x 2,,,Tek omega 8000,Fisher gold bug se 29er,,Fisher F75 se. Formerly waynebo,,
People look at the world by the way they themselves act...Honest peole think most people are honest...Dishonest people think most peole are dishonest.

Date: February 15, 2016 04:10PM
supertraq
I'm hanging on to mine and hoping that someday someone will develop a better machine,but until then cz's still are King.:fisher:

Very well put.I couldn't agree more!

Posted by: Texas Ed
Date: February 23, 2016 08:09PM
I usually bring two machines along when I go dirt fishing and the CZ-3D will be one of them. I like the four tones and it pin points dead on. I e mailed NASA Tom and he will calibrate & certify new CZ's which will not void the warranty. Like any other machine you will dig a lot of aluminum trash. CZ's will hold good valve new or used cause of their reputation for being a deep machine.

Texas Ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2016 08:15PM by Texas Ed.

Posted by: jay10011
Date: March 18, 2016 06:15PM
new to the forum. I have a cz6a that doesn't seem to go as deep as it used to. I air tested it and It would only beep up to 9" to 10". In wet soil it would only hit a penny at 5". From what I read it may need a recalibration and/or tune up. could use some input. jay

Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: March 18, 2016 07:43PM
Heck the unit is over 20 yrs old....don't you feel it may need one....

Posted by: marcomo
Date: March 23, 2016 10:02PM
Jay - If you want it repaired call Felix at Fisher to get a r.o, then send it in. If it has noticeably lost punch, your best choice is either fix it or sell it because you know you aren't going to want to use it.

Maybe a bad component in the detector or something with the coil. After they fix the problem, they'll re-calibrate the detector to the coil. My uneducated guess is $100-$200 for repair.

Posted by: pine3874
Date: March 24, 2016 08:54PM
How much does Tom charge to have a CZ-6a certified?

Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: March 25, 2016 10:08AM
I would contact Tom if it were my unit....

Date: March 25, 2016 02:40PM
pine3874
How much does Tom charge to have a CZ-6a certified?

Tom D is the man to fix your CZ.He has done 8 for me and they perform better than new.Regular verification/certification/calibration is $100 and to upgrade to 3D specs is $217.Well worth the money IMO.

Fisher F-75 with DST
7 "Nasa Tom" tuned CZ-5's
3 CZ-5's converted to 3D specs
"NasaTom" tuned CZ-6a converted to 3D specs
2 "Nasa Tom" tuned CZ-6's
"Nasa Tom" tuned CZ-70 Pro
2 CZ-7A Pros
CZ-21
2 Coinstrikes
Original Gold Bug
M-101
Whites V3I
M-6
MXT Pro
2 XLT's
XL Pro
Beach Hunter 300
6000 DI Pro SL
Coinmaster 5000D
Minelab E-trac
CTX 3030
Tesoro Vaquero
Cortes
DeLeon
Garrett Total Response Master Hunter
Garrett Master Hunter 7X
Makro Racer
Racer 2
Teknetics T2 with DST
XP Deus
7 Sunray Probes
75 Coils
22 Pairs of Headphones

You will have to pry my CZ's from my cold dead hands

Troy

Posted by: pine3874
Date: March 25, 2016 03:06PM
DetectorCollector
Tom D is the man to fix your CZ.He has done 8 for me and they perform better than new.Regular verification/certification/calibration is $100 and to upgrade to 3D specs is $217.Well worth the money IMO.

Thanks DC

Posted by: Willee
Date: May 08, 2016 03:22AM
Had my CZ-5 for years and would not even consider upgrading it to CZ-3D specs.
If I wanted a CZ-3D I would buy one.
Like my CZ-5 just like it is.

The CZ-5 will do good on small beach gold and being a dual freq machine handles the salt sand just fine.
Love the tones and ease of use.
It is one detector I consider a keeper.

Posted by: Elton
Date: May 08, 2016 07:58AM
The auction forum is not a place to judge detector prices..

Newbies bid on detectors, and pay inflated prices because they do not know any better..

Your best bet is buy from members here..or sponsoring dealers who offer fair prices. Plus usually you know what your buying in condition, and working ability..
Fisher factory service is a good source to have your unit repaired and adjusted.

Nasa Tom is an excellent person to tune the CZ series... Well worth the low price he charges.

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2016 08:00AM by Elton.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login