Findmall.com

Fisher CZ Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Cz 21 with a 5" coil ??
Posted by: Tom54
Date: July 02, 2016 02:04PM
I have the opportunity to pick up a CZ 21 at a good price but it has a 5 inch coil on it it was used for primarily for underwater diving. I have not heard of a 5 inch coil on them so if anybody could shed any light on this I would appreciate it. Also what would it cost to have it changed out by fisher with a 8 inch coil.

Re: Cz 21 with a 5" coil ??
Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: July 03, 2016 09:29AM
This unit is used to hunt large areas beaches etc.thus a 5 inch coil would be counter productive in my mind.
Time to call the manufacturer for cost....
Of course Fisher does make a 5 inch hockey puck coil for specialty land use...

Date: July 03, 2016 09:46AM
Thanks for the response those were my thoughts as well. I guess I just need to call Fisher up and find out what it would cost to replace it with probably an 8 inch coil . There doesn't seem to be that much difference between an 8 inch and 10 inch coil from what I read. It would primarily be used on the beach for water and dry mostly water.

I'd leave it, Love a five inch coil on any cz!
Posted by: wade tx
Date: July 03, 2016 02:50PM
pretty good depth too. my opinion.---Wade

Posted by: tvr
Date: July 03, 2016 09:04PM
I had a chance to get a CZ20 with a 5 inch coil on it for a very good price about 9 or 10 years ago and passed. The 5 inch coil was used to get close to beach drainage pipes, pier structures, bulkheads and entry point steps where the 8 inch coil would not find the stuff washed right up against said structures but the 5 inch would. So I asked if it was that good of a trade-off to get stuff close in why was he selling? Well, he said the 5 inch set up paid for itself and did get stuff that the 8 inch wouldn't, but total finds with the 5 inch set up were not enough for him to keep it.

Posted by: Frank in NH
Date: July 04, 2016 08:27AM
I had a CZ20 with 5" coil but don't remember who I sold or traded to. It is ideal for getting around and between rocks.

Posted by: adamBomb
Date: July 04, 2016 12:34PM
Tom54
I have the opportunity to pick up a CZ 21 at a good price but it has a 5 inch coil on it it was used for primarily for underwater diving. I have not heard of a 5 inch coil on them so if anybody could shed any light on this I would appreciate it. Also what would it cost to have it changed out by fisher with a 8 inch coil.

As others have said call fisher. Also find out who put the 5'' coil on it and if it was done properly. Is it still waterproof (as in make sure it didnt leak when the owner was diving)? Honestly I would stay away from it and just get what you want from the start - of course that depends on what kind of deal you are getting.

Date: July 05, 2016 07:18PM
Thanks all for responding I really appreciated that.I called Fisher up spoke with them and nobody there even recall selling a 5 inch on a cz21 they don't even recommended it. He also said to stay away from it not knowing what else may have been changed and the extra cost of sending it in and having it changed I'm still better off waiting and buying what I want used newer or buying a new one.

Posted by: Tinfoil
Date: July 06, 2016 12:15AM
That is some excellent advice. Me I would pass on it. HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

Posted by: scubadetector
Date: August 22, 2016 08:57PM
Tom54
Thanks all for responding I really appreciated that.I called Fisher up spoke with them and nobody there even recall selling a 5 inch on a cz21 they don't even recommended it. He also said to stay away from it not knowing what else may have been changed and the extra cost of sending it in and having it changed I'm still better off waiting and buying what I want used newer or buying a new one.

They don't remember making one because First Texas never did. That machine is over 10 years old and a good one. HOWEVER, they will change the coil but charge you 299.00 to make it into a CZ-21 and charge you 149.00 on top of that for a new coil. The machine in question was made by Fisher Labs not First Texas who bought out Fisher Labs.

Date: September 16, 2016 10:45AM
Well it took a while but I finally decided and I have a brand-new CZ 21-8" on the way.

YEAH MAN !:clapping:
Posted by: therover
Date: September 17, 2016 11:38AM
Best of luck with it.

In my opinion a CZ with the stock 8 inch coil is a spectacular set up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login