Findmall.com

Fisher CZ Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
CZ-3D 5" Coil
Posted by: Miser67
Date: September 02, 2016 12:09PM
Has anyone found the 5" coil for the CZ-3D useful?

I'm curious if the depth was acceptable, especially when used in trashier areas.

Is it a concentric coil? I am assuming it is.

As always, any post I make here is solely my opinion based on my own experience and knowledge. Feel free to disagree.

Re: CZ-3D 5" Coil
Posted by: Frank in NH
Date: September 02, 2016 01:43PM
It is concentric, and is the only way to go in heavy trash. Depth not bad but more so looking for separation.

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: September 02, 2016 02:45PM
I got one but don't use much as not a mega trash hunter. For the most part. But nice to have in case you run on a heavy trash site. The 8 " is suprising good in all but the trashiest sites.

Etrac
CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Posted by: mrwilburino
Date: September 04, 2016 03:06PM
Yes, a must-have for trashy sites. Excellent depth for a small coil.

Fisher Teknetics XP Minelab

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: September 07, 2016 12:10AM
Hey Miser,

I do not currently own the SMALL coil for the CZ. I had one for my CZ-6a many years ago, but only recall using it 1 time in the yard of an old home adjacent to a very old train stop. Not sure why the ground was so difficult, if it was cinders or what, but my regular 8" coil was struggling. In that circumstance, the 5" coil came in handy. I have always been impressed with the 8" coil on the CZ's for both depth and separation.

Rich -

* minelab etrac * makro racer 2 * . . . and others *

1st day of detecting school . . . . . . . . . . . .

Posted by: 3RINGER
Date: September 15, 2016 04:35PM
Miser the 5" is a good tool to have for those trash spots where larger coils have a problem with masking / separation from good targets being close to the bad or unwanted stuff. In this vid while hunting a old home site I started with the 8" but soon change over to the 5.

I had used other units in here but never this small of a coil. Was not really looking so much at depth as separation but found that the 5" gave respectable depth on some of the targets dug.

Look over the the editing, first few times of shooting a vid and digging lol but may show some of what you were asking about. I change over just after the first target.

http://youtu.be/M6_0Iq4pAvk

HH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2016 04:36PM by 3RINGER.

Posted by: Trashfinder
Date: November 30, 2016 06:44PM
I was hunting with my CTX and the joey coiltek coil Sunday and i got an iffy signal next to a large piece of iron. I could only get it to hit sometimes no matter what direction i swept the coil. Tried to use target trace but the signal was so faint on the trace that i blew it off thinking it was giving a false signal on the edge of the big iron. As i was leaving i could not get that spot off my mind and i had my CZ3D with the 5 inch coil in my truck. I grabbed it and went to that spot and i got a grunt and a good tone. But the tone was very good not iffy at all. I decided to try to pinpoint and see if there were two distinct targets and there was, i could hear it peak on two distinctly different spots so i decided to dig. Six inches down i popped a 42 mercury dime out! I then hunted that spot with the CZ for twenty minutes or so and found a couple of wheats that were masked with trash.

I cannot say the CTX with the 6 in coil would not have found them since i had the joey football coiltek coil on and not the 6 in coil, but still i think it shows how well the CZ with the 5 inch can do in high trash Also glad i had that nagging feeling and went back!.

Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: December 01, 2016 10:17AM
5 inch hockey puck will go where where large coils won't and are useful I trashy areas..Remember usually can run sens. higher....Always remember getting a 7-8 inch barber dime next to an iron fence as an example....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login