Findmall.com

Fisher CZ Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Cz21 what's the better coil 8" or 10"
Posted by: Tom54
Date: September 13, 2016 02:43PM
I'm looking at buying a new Fisher CZ21 which is the better coil 8 inch or the 10 inch for Beach and water West Coast Southern California any information would be well appreciated I've read that the 8 inch might be better.

Re: Cz21 what's the better coil 8" or 10"
Posted by: Toolman0114
Date: September 14, 2016 06:03AM
From the reviews I've read, and other people posting, people are saying the 8" is better than the 10". I have the 8" myself and it works great. I've only used it in the water, haven't tried it on land, yet, I have 2 other land detectors.

Posted by: RichW
Date: September 14, 2016 12:46PM
I'd get the 8". I owned the 8 for many years but used the 10 a few times. Less masking with 8, easier to pinpoint, easier to push through the water. The 8 goes very deep especially in autotone. The 10"' will make an old man out of you fast. Good luck with whatever you decide to get.

I have the 10 on mine.
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: September 14, 2016 05:55PM
I agree the 8 would probably push through the water easier, and, if you are detecting in rivers with a rocky bottom, the 8 would probably get you places the 10 would not.

I like mine just fine, though.

Posted by: tvr
Date: September 14, 2016 06:46PM
I haven't hunted Southern Cal beaches. If they have high mineral content, that would add another reason for the 8 inch coil over the 10 inch coil. If not, what is said above about drag through the water, great depth with the 8 inch, masking, getting around rocks, etc. are all reasons I have the 8 inch coil. If I were just hunting wet and dry sand on very open beach territory with no to shallow cuts, I may consider the bigger coil, but heck ... some how some way if I'm near the water I always end up wet; and with a wet detector! I vote 8 inch coil.

Posted by: Tom54
Date: September 16, 2016 10:07AM
Thanks everybody for replying. I spoke with someone at Fisher and he actually had the same thing to say about the 8 inch coil. Well I have a new CZ21-8" on the way. I'm new on this forum lots of information. Thanks again.

Posted by: adamBomb
Date: September 19, 2016 02:59PM
It depends. I have had both. 10'' is better on the sand because its deeper and you can cover more ground. More ground usually = better chance for targets. 8'' is better in the water because its easier to swing.

*CTX *CZ21 *Excal II *Whites DF PI Pro *920i StealthScoop
Blog: http://detectinggold.blogspot.com/
North Carolina MD Club: http://nctreasurehunters.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login