Findmall.com

Fisher CZ Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
ground balancing the cz21 in shallow water and wetsand
Posted by: stephenscool
Date: November 20, 2016 09:14AM
Recently got my hands on a new to me cz21 with 8" coil. Will be used primarily on salt water beaches... wetsand and up to chest deep.
Any tips for ground balancing and will it have to be rebalanced when going from chest deep to wetsand and vise versa ?

Re: ground balancing the cz21 in shallow water and wetsand
Posted by: tvr
Date: November 23, 2016 08:15PM
Ground balance it as the manual describes. If you don't have the manual, check here: CZ21 Manual I'd balance it over the wet sand and then go hunt. After you set it, a CZ can go from wet sand to chest deep and up onto the dry sand and find good stuff at good depth without adjusting. That said, if there are significant mineralization changes from one spot to another, it is good to check the ground balance.

Easy detector to use and get good results with. Go easy with the coil sweep speed. A fast sweep will miss targets. Don't rush it.

Iron can give a high tone indication. I'd recommend setting the discriminator to disc 0 and listen to all tones. If you get a high tone, slow the sweep way down. If it then goes consistent low tone, it is probably iron. While learning the CZ, vary sweep speed, listen and dig it all for a while to see what you have. The more you live with the detector the more you will learn about what it is telling you about targets.

For targets that bounce low tone to mid tone ... DIG.
Cheers,
tvr

Posted by: stephenscool
Date: December 10, 2016 04:11AM
Thanks

Posted by: Paulie
Date: February 20, 2017 06:49PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9pS_itRxt4

Twitter: @RelicDetective

:minelab: CTX3030

:minelab: E-Trac

:fisher: CZ-21

:fisher: CZ-6

:garrett: Pro Pointer

:garrett: Pro Pointer AT

Predator Tools Model 35 - Piranha Shovel & Model 85 Digger

Began metal detecting in 1984.

Very first Metal Detector: :whites: Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login