Findmall.com

Fisher CZ Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Brand new (to me) cz6a!
Posted by: iqwozpoom
Date: January 06, 2017 06:22PM
Hello all!
I just picked up a cherry cz6a from Chuck at Indian Nation Detectors! Wow! I am floored by my initial air test. I can't wait to take it out for a spin! There's something special about holding a piece of american engineering like the cz's, can't quite explain it. Anyway just wanted to share, happy hunting!

Re: Brand new (to me) cz6a!
Posted by: Elton
Date: January 06, 2017 08:34PM
Nice buy..Stabilize it a little. They tend to fall over when you sit them down. Sidewalk areas if you sit down there while detecting the grass edges, really scratch up the sides of a pristine unit rather quickly..

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Date: January 07, 2017 09:54AM
I use a detecting pal harness, it usually keeps everything steady even when set down. I also have a sovereign chest harness on the way. Thanks for the tip!

Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: January 07, 2017 03:08PM
Was wondering who got that one.....As good or better than any CZ model and unlike the new CZ3d it has rubbers that make it water resistant and can even use in the rain...

Re: Brand new (to me) cz6a! ( DAN PA )
Posted by: Flintstone
Date: January 07, 2017 04:55PM
I was thinking all the CZ where rain proof. Are they not?

Posted by: 88junior
Date: January 07, 2017 06:21PM
Congratulations on getting a CZ6A, I have one as well it's in the process of going to Tom Dankowski to be calibrated and properly tuned. It currently airtests a dime at 10 3/4" which isn't to bad but maybe Tom can get me a little more depth.

Garrett AT-PRO NEL Tornado 12x13 coil & 5x8" DD coil
Fisher1265x 8" coil
Tesoro Bandido II 8" coil
Deteknix X-Pointer
Raptor 31c digger and Whites Digmaster digger
Relic and Coin hunter over 25 years!!

Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: January 09, 2017 10:03AM
CZ6A is water resistant at best....have heard of hosing them off with no problems and have heard of them leaking in moderate rain....problem is the unit is 20 yrs old plus so the rubbers holding them together can be problematic due to age and shrinking etc....if I remember correctly advertised as water resistant not waterproof....
CZ 5 is not even water resistant along with the CZ3D...Of course the digital models are water resistant...Personally would use them in a moderate rain but not a heavy rain..

Posted by: Flintstone
Date: January 09, 2017 10:14AM
Thanks Dan, I have a CZ7a that is in very good condition and just was thinking it could hunt in rain.

Date: January 09, 2017 09:05PM
Thanks. I've been wondering how water resistant it is anymore, I've read that Tom will replace the seals when he tunes them up. I might wait till I get a hip mount bag till I take it to the beach. Almost rushed to the ocean after work today in a rain storm! The only reason I didn't is that I remembered that the road floods! Can't wait for a calm day!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login