Findmall.com

Fisher CZ Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Mr. Dankowski has one of mine now. I sent it to him last Tuesday and it's on its way back now.
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: February 10, 2017 04:05PM
I bought it off ebay, and as soon as I got it, forwarded it to NASA Tom. It was a CZ-6a, 1992 model, that was apparently very well taken care of.

He upgraded it so that it now has the "old coins" mode of the CZ3D, tweaked the depth and target ID a bit, and recalibrated it.

Should have it in hand Monday.

Can't beat the turnaround time, and the peace of mind knowing a true professional went through your detector with a fine toothed comb and basically turned it into a new machine.

Re: Mr. Dankowski has one of mine now. I sent it to him last Tuesday and it's on its way back now.
Posted by: Silverbackbob
Date: February 10, 2017 08:28PM
Greg, he just did the same thing to my cz6a. I'm really eager to take it to some old home sites around here to see what I've missed. It is comforting to know that a used detector is working the way it was designed. Gives a guy confidence in his tools if you know what I mean. HH. Bob.

Sure does, Bob. I will keep everyone posted when I get it back.N/T
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: February 11, 2017 09:02AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Tom Dankowski Tuned CZ's ?
Posted by: Wayfarer
Date: February 20, 2017 02:45PM
Can anybody confirm that the new CZ3D's coming off the line are already "pre-tuned?" Dave J. says they are now properly calibrated as they leave the factory. Does this mean that the Tom tuneup is no longer need on the new ones? Are the new ones as good as the old 1021 Los Banos ones? I'm wondering because I'm considering buying a new one rather than finding an old one and sending it off to Tom.

Current detectors: White's V3i, MXT, XL Pro, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Past: White's XLT, 6000D Series 3, Coinmaster 2DB, Minelab CTX 3030

Posted by: marcomo
Date: February 20, 2017 11:52PM
They've always been tuned/calibrated before leaving the factory. How accurately can vary. Tom Dankowski is more exacting in his calibrations than the factory.

The Fisher Los Banos units are usually hotter than the First Texas El Paso ones. But one guy on the forum has a FT unit that Dankowski calibrated to 12.1 so that's not a hard and fast rule.

Personally, my first choice would be to go with a decent condition one already Tom tuned to 12" or close to it with good stability. Unfortunately, they don't come up for sale too often.

Purchasing used untuned, a 1021 or early 1121 El Paso unit has a decent chance of being :thumbup:

Posted by: Wayfarer
Date: February 21, 2017 04:09PM
marcomo, makes sense. That the new ones are still probably not calibrated as well as Tom does them.

I'm also a ham radio guy and do most of my own calibration on my radio equipment. There is definitely a difference between getting electronics "within spec" and getting them "dead on." So that's probably a fair analogy to the calibration of these older analog machines. Tom probably takes the time to get the CZ's dead on.

Current detectors: White's V3i, MXT, XL Pro, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Past: White's XLT, 6000D Series 3, Coinmaster 2DB, Minelab CTX 3030

Posted by: ThunderDome
Date: April 15, 2017 07:42PM
Guess I got lucky, bought a El Paso unit a couple years ago and it air tested a dime at 11.6, sent it in to Tom and he was amazed at its depth coming from El Paso. He worked his magic and now is calibrated and hits a dime at 12.2. I am extremely happy with this unit. I have all coils for it but I find when I use the 10 in coil it is extremely nose heavy. Wish I could find a chest harness for it.

Posted by: juit
Date: April 16, 2017 11:45PM
Hi where can I send my cz6 to Tom Dankowski? or can you please send me his info?

Posted by: marcomo
Date: April 18, 2017 12:26AM
I don't know how much info is appropriate to post here.

He's easy to find, just google his name.

Posted by: juit
Date: April 18, 2017 08:41AM
Can you private msg me please

Minelab 705
Nokta relic
Fisher CZ5
Whites m6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login