Findmall.com

Fisher CZ Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
CZ depth in general...
Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: February 21, 2017 08:27AM
Depth can vary greatly depending on your ground...If we found coins in air ...air tests would be valuable.
Having said the above Tom does a super job tuning up analog CZ's as he sets parameters right on but depending on your unit depth can vary...

Re: CZ depth in general...
Posted by: vito
Date: February 21, 2017 10:59AM
Jup.
That is correct, Dan.
But even Tom is giving a guideline on how to check the distance of a dime in air
with the 8 inch spider connected.
Like you said, this is not to show how it performs in soil, but it will let you know if your
comrade needs calibration.

Happy Hunting

Posted by: Southwind
Date: February 21, 2017 11:19AM
Opinion does not a fact make. Just as my opinion is just that.

Anyone who can't find value in an air test has no full understanding of a metal detector.

Are we to assume ALL CZ's are not adjusted properly? What does Tom do to a detector that is already adjusted to maximum potential?

I'm wondering because I can adjust a carburetor to give extra performance through leaning out the fuel. But there is a good reason they don't do this at the factory.

Just asking!

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2017 11:43AM by Southwind.

Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: February 21, 2017 06:09PM
Indeed opinions are like anal cavities...we all have one...

Bad or even semi-bad ground will bring a detector to his knees whether adjusted for peak efficiency or not...

The answer to your question is perhaps government regulations...

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: March 03, 2017 03:01PM
I have used Cz's for Years , But never a 1200 Machine? Wonder depth wise if the Legendary 1266 can Match a proper CZ?

Etrac
CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Posted by: marcomo
Date: March 03, 2017 05:21PM
Southwind, I think the reason you will struggle to find a cz-3d perfectly tuned from the factory is the time it takes to calibrate all the different parameters.

I remember correspondence with Tom D. a while back when he told me the amount of time he spends tuning them and if I recall correctly it was double digit hours. No way the factory invests those kind of man hours in a detector. Also I believe that his calibration standards are more exacting.

Beyond that, I think it is a labor of love for Tom and he takes particular pride in what he does for them. For the factory workers, it's just a job. The cz-3d, which constitutes the largest number of units he tunes, is his baby. As I understand it, he conceived and modded it for the old coins "enhanced" mode.

Posted by: lytle78
Date: March 03, 2017 10:16PM
Dave Johnson omce wrote that a 1266 could equal a CZ in mild ground - in bad ground, no way. He designed both machines

Rick Kempf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login