Findmall.com

Fisher CZ Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Questions about these nasa tuned cz's....
Posted by: Mark ( ohio )
Date: February 22, 2017 09:09AM
It seems from what I've read that his calibrations on units boost performance across the board... Most are saying that testing on a dime are now reading in the 11.3 range with a few tenths variation. I have a very pristine cz 20 in my closet from many yrs past ( maybe 20 yrs ).. I'd like to see what sort of depth this unit tests at.. so how was Nasa Tom setting up his test ie; what sens level are used, where was the disc set, where was the GB knob at etc ....

If I'm not getting the performance that I should, I will send my unit in for a complete go-over.. Typically, what is his turn around time ? Has anyone had a 20-21 tuned by him or mostly cz 5's 6's and 3d's the norm.

Any thoughts men;

Mark ( ohio )

Re: Questions about these nasa tuned cz's....
Posted by: Dan(NM)
Date: February 22, 2017 11:40AM
You might drop Tom an email and ask him about any enhancements or gains you could get from having him tune it. As far as the turnaround goes, he received mine on a Thursday and had it in the mail Saturday morning, I had it 3 days later.

Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: February 22, 2017 12:13PM
Hi Mark,

I recently asked him about tuning CZ-20/21. He doesn't tune them.

HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****Teknetics Omega 8500***** Tesoro Golden Sabre II *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Re: Well, how about that.. I wonder what the reasoning is behind that..
Date: February 22, 2017 12:51PM
wasn't the circuitry all the same from the 5 to the 6 and the 20 ?? Maybe he wants to see visually on the meter whats happening.. I just making a guess...

Thanks for letting me know Mike..

Mark ( ohio )

I believe part of the reason he does not work on them is because opening them up would compromise the waterproofness
Posted by: therover
Date: February 22, 2017 05:03PM
The other I would think would be the meter readings/ID so he would not be able to ascertain correct tone ID/meter ID when calibrating the discrimination windows.

A nickel would hit as high tone on a CZ, but the metered ones would identify it as such. Tom probably wants to make sure that meter is hitting exactly where its supposed to.

Sorry Mark. Its the water proofing to 250 feet. He can't guarantee that after he cracks the case..
Date: February 23, 2017 03:13PM
Because of that he will not work on them. He isn't able to 100 percent guarantee the waterproofing.

HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****Teknetics Omega 8500***** Tesoro Golden Sabre II *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2017 03:14PM by Mike Hillis.

One other thing about CZ-20s....
Date: February 23, 2017 03:16PM
If you ever need to send a CZ-20 to Fisher for service, they will charge you to convert it to a CZ-21 faceplate. Not inexpensive.

Just an FYI.

HH
Mike

Re: Ya Mike, I've heard the stories about the conversion, .. Take out a second mortage on the house..
Date: February 23, 2017 03:28PM
I'm hoping I'll never have to send it in....cause I probably won't if it ever craps the bed..

Thanks for the input Mike...

HH to you and everybody who chimed in..

Mark ( ohio )

Posted by: Unknownroad
Date: February 26, 2017 03:30PM
Ahh good to know he doesn't tune cz-21s, I was going to ask.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login