Findmall.com

Fisher CZ Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Los banos cz3d
Posted by: Texan
Date: March 24, 2017 11:20AM
He can't school me on pinpointer depth. He has schooled me this year on old finds.He claims my Racer 2 is fine for tot lots but can't find an old coin. This tweeking of the cz3d could be good and bad.:surrender:

Etrac, Safari, Fisher1235and 1236, .Lesche digger,Whites TRX pinpointer. Love to coinshoot and attend competition hunts.

Posted by: marcomo
Date: March 24, 2017 07:08PM
Sounds like you two have a good natured rivalry going on.

I can't argue with you about raw depth. The TRX has more than the Carrot.

The Racer wasn't my cup of tea either but I know some swear by it.

The cz-3d took some time for me to reach a good level of proficiency. It's a K.I.S.S. detector, but deciphering the iron falsing takes practice and it will test your patience at times...especially when you use it in a spot loaded with nails and other small iron.

Date: March 24, 2017 08:24PM
Use the racer in trashyareas. I also have a side detecting pinpointed the Macro.I really like how a pinpointed that doesn't beep at trash on the side of the hole.

Etrac, Safari, Fisher1235and 1236, .Lesche digger,Whites TRX pinpointer. Love to coinshoot and attend competition hunts.

Date: March 25, 2017 01:15AM
Good luck on that cz-3d certification, it sounds like you got a good one.

Date: March 25, 2017 01:30AM
Thank you:fisher:

Date: March 26, 2017 10:42PM
Tom calibrated it today. Was originally 11.7 on clad dime and now 12.1 inches. He said it was very stable and ranked in top 3 % of all czs. He said he would never trade or sale it.,

Date: March 27, 2017 12:56AM
Wow! That's exciting news!

Top 3% of cz-3ds he's calibrated puts your detector in some rarefied air, bet you make a lot of nice finds with it.

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: March 27, 2017 10:28PM
Welcome to the 12'' CZ Club. Not many can do 12'', even 1021s.

Etrac
CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Date: March 28, 2017 01:01AM
Thanks marcomo and Harold.

Posted by: Sataro
Date: March 30, 2017 10:46AM
Congrats on getting some great results back from NASA Tom on your newly tuned CZ3D. I can't wait to try out my non-tuned CZ3D against that 12" depth monster you now have. I can't even dig down to 12" most of the time in the soil around here. It seems you have turned that Junkyard Dawg into a classy dog to say the least.

Nokta Impact | XP Deus | Lesche Digger | Deteknix Xpointer

Posted by: Zinc Penny
Date: March 30, 2017 02:32PM
I saw one at 13 inches once deepest cz I ever saw. But 12 is great.

Date: March 31, 2017 01:35PM
This prize winning Dawgs day has come!

Posted by: Zinc Penny
Date: April 02, 2017 01:41PM
:) can't wait to hear about what you find with it.

Posted by: cometguy
Date: April 02, 2017 08:55PM
My Tom tuned 1021 hit 12 and it will be with me as long as I can swing it. Congratulations, on having one great machine. I have turned a few of them loose but this one is staying with me. Keep us posted on your finds.

Don
HH

Posted by: ThunderDome
Date: April 15, 2017 07:43PM
Guess I got lucky, bought a El Paso unit a couple years ago and it air tested a dime at 11.6, sent it in to Tom and he was amazed at its depth coming from El Paso. He worked his magic and now is calibrated and hits a dime at 12.2. I am extremely happy with this unit. I have all coils for it but I find when I use the 10 in coil it is extremely nose heavy. Wish I could find a chest harness for it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login