Findmall.com

Fisher CZ Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Fisher cz3d Question.
Posted by: Bill-NC
Date: August 25, 2006 06:14PM
I am 61 years old and metal detecting has been my hobby since 1982.During this time I have used one tone detectors However,recentlyI purchased a Fisher cz-3d and a 5 inch coil.Ihave researched all the good posts on the CZ classroom forum along with having information e-mailed to me. After reading multiple posts about users digging up square nails, I have one question. Would it be possible to avoid this by using the iron discrimination, or will they still be in the high tone coins mode? Any information on this will be appreciated. Thanks very much, Bill-NC.

Just the nature of the beast...
Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: August 26, 2006 08:20AM
All units have give and takeaways and a CZ is certainly one of the deepest units around but does like those pesky deep rusty nails and discriminating iron will not help...Go to Mikes CZ page as it has many tips to avoid the problem..Any new CZ owner will unfortunately have this problem, but time in the field and reading the tips you will dig very little..I dig very few after using a CZ for years and after a while you will also learn how to avoid them. We are all fooled from time to time especially going for an extremely deep iffy but after a while all will fall into place and you will dig very few of them....Mikes CZ page http://mikewd.fws1.com/

Re: Fisher cz3d Question.
Posted by: Carlos (CA)
Date: September 02, 2016 04:54PM
ooof I messed up this post. disregard

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2016 05:07PM by Carlos (CA).

Re: Fisher cz3d Question.N/T
Posted by: john67
Date: February 28, 2017 10:02PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: bailey1
Date: March 02, 2017 07:52PM
Bill, I think you will find your cz to be not that much different from most detectors when it comes to (deep) rusty nails or small nail fragments. I also think your going to like the 5" coil on that machine. Good luck to you.

Posted by: Tony-Ok
Date: March 02, 2017 08:28PM
Bill, how I deal with deep iron , or how to minimize digging it, when you pinpoint the target you will be able to trace its size .... a small tight pinpoint is what you want , the iron targets usually are elongated. Give it a try , it works for me . I rarely dig any iron . HH Tony

Posted by: marcomo
Date: March 02, 2017 11:52PM
This is over 10 years old and Bill in NC hasn't been around since 2015 but a good thread to resurrect nonetheless.

I'd have to say the cz is not like other multi-tone detectors when it comes to high tone iron falsing. It falses more than others I've used. A lot more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login