Findmall.com

Fisher CZ Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
CZ-70Pro Question For Dan-Pa;Mike Va.Beach;Mtdorramike:
NamVetLesTreasureSeeker
Date: January 03, 2005 06:18PM
A Special HAPPY/SUCCESSFUL NEW YEAR to my mentors!
Hey Mike(VaBch)/Dan(Pa)or Mtdoramike, I have a question concerning my CZ-70Pro. When I was hunting an old city park, I got a couple of good Coin Signals, that would not register any depth when pinpointed. The signals were strong from 3 or more directions, and sometimes it would signal Coin-Iron.
I hunt with Vol-10, Sens-4, GB(Bobbing Meth.), and NOTHING Notched OUT, and in ID Mode. But, each time I removed a couple of inches of dirt from the hole, and checked the Pinpoint-depth Indicator, it would not register any depth. Furthermore, when I was down a good 8 inches or more, I could not get a response with my Sunray FZ-1 Probe either! So, I moved on to other targets.
Do you guys have any ideas on what this could be? A friend of mine, who uses an Explorer, suggested that if I turn down the Sensitivity, I should get a depth indicator. But, like I said, he uses an Minelab Explorer, and has no experience with CZ's. Curious minds want to know! Many thanks, NamVetLesTreasureSeeker

Re: CZ-70Pro Question For Dan-Pa;Mike Va.Beach;Mtdorramike:
Brissietex
Date: January 03, 2005 07:46PM
I have seen this phenom also with my cz70. I call it the Small Disappearing Target phenom. All Metal and TID modes pick them up but the PP can't seem to lock in or even non-existent. I usually find the target with my Vibraprobe (use PI instead of VLF so more sensitive) if I dig long enough. Mostly hot rocks, iron slivers or those bloody rusty berrets (I always find them on the beach it seems) are found. From what I have read, unless the items are real deep (10+"), iron bouncers are usually trash anyway.
btw these items are usually thin and sound smooth in the All Metal mode instead of an abruptness to the tone. Hard to explain but you that is what it the tone is like to me.
Keith

The same thing happens to me at times......
mtdoramike
Date: January 03, 2005 09:22PM
I have dug down and found pipes like 12-15" deep that I figure it was hitting on. Also aluminum cans will cause this as well. But I believe its a deep alrge target that causes this.
I don't get it with the C$ because with the C$ you have the ability to size the object so unless I'm relic huntin and the object apperas to be quite big, I pass on it.
But with the CZ70, it comes in loud and clear by at least two directions and depth registers "0-2" and then you dig and nothing.
HH,
Mike

Mike (Virginia Beach)
Date: January 03, 2005 11:50PM
I have to agree with Brissietex, I think what you're describing are probably deep rusty nails giving hi-coin false signals. And often times the giveaway is that you can't pinpoint them or that they "move around" on you. And in some cases, I have had targets that were good coin targets that were too deep to pinpoint until you got some dirt off of them, that's also possible. Or that "go away" after you break the halo and dig your initial hole. Yup, all of these things can and do happen. Hard to say which it is sometimes and what you end up doing is digging and if you are still coming up empty then time to move on. One other tip off might be if you're down 8 inches or more and still can't find it and the signal is strong, well it's probably an old wheel rim at 2 feet deep or something. Or a treasure chest.

Have to agree with Mike, something very big and deep also
Bud SC/MD
Date: January 04, 2005 03:34AM
You might try lifting your coil up, if you are several inches off the ground and still get a strong signal you have a large and deep beer can or something larger.

Just what is..............
Chet
Date: January 04, 2005 09:03AM
...........a berret? Is it akin to a henway?
Chet

NamVetLesTreasureSeeker
Date: January 04, 2005 04:54PM
THANKS Mike/Mtdoramike/Keith and Bud, I really appreciate you taking the time. HH, NamVetLesTreasureSeeker

Re: Just what is..............
Mike (Virginia Beach)
Date: January 04, 2005 10:14PM
Ok, I'll bite...What's a henway?
(with and without eggs, please)

Oh, about..............
Chet
Date: January 05, 2005 08:00AM
............. 3-31/2 pounds dressed weight at the supermarket. The roasters and capons are heavier, but if you really want to feed a crowd, go for a tom turkey.
Chet

HOT ROCKS
Dave Z
Date: January 05, 2005 05:11PM
Whats a Henway ??????
BJ in North Texhoma
Date: January 06, 2005 09:53AM
Bout 4 lbs.

Re: Oh, about..............
BJ in North Texhoma
Date: January 06, 2005 10:06AM
Re: Oh, about....That looks like a "Halfway" the feathers are gone.
Bud SC/MD
Date: January 06, 2005 01:59PM
hair pin thingies...
Brissietex
Date: January 06, 2005 05:02PM

Thanks, .......They're Barettes!
Chet
Date: January 06, 2005 06:03PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login