Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
I ordered a MXT the other day
KDX
Date: February 02, 2004 11:01AM
I'm so excited. This will be my first metal detector. I was originally going to buy a different brand of detector but after following differnt detecting groups on the web have decided on a MXT. I will be using it for hunting parks/school grounds, old homesteads and freshwater beaches and think I made a good choice. One of the things that made me think it is probably a good detector is the fact that you see very few of them for sale used, so the people that have them must like them. Hopefully I will like detecting as much as I think I will.

What can we say? MXT!
Nevada Gary
Date: February 02, 2004 12:01PM
You have made a good choice, now...
Jackpine Savage
Date: February 02, 2004 05:07PM
all you need is the time to spend learning about the hobby and your new detector. Take it slow at first to avoid the frustration that often accompanies trying to get a handle on something new. It does not always comes quickly so don't feel you have to push yourself. Get familiar with the sounds your detector makes on different types of targets by doing a lot of digging. (it helps to start in area where digging targets is easy). Only then go on to trying higher gain settings and the different modes. With the MXT I highly advise not jumping back and forth between modes. Pick one and learn it well before going to the next. I would start out with the Coin and jewelry mode first because I feel there is a lot of info in the audio of that mode compared to the beep of the relic mode. Learn it well and you will be able to handle any machine you pick up later on.
Good luck and Happy Hunting
Tom

Re: You have made a good choice, now...
Ray
Date: February 02, 2004 05:25PM
Could not have said it better myself !! And as Jack says, I speak from personal experiances also, don't go out there and crank the gain wide open, it will get real fustrating real fast. Use a gain of 9 coin mode, find a couple school play areas to look and have fun .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login