Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
review 10x12 SEF coil
Posted by: basstrackerman
Date: April 22, 2010 07:55PM
well i used the sef coil from kellyco. for starters it weighs 1lb 3 oz with coil cover. stock 9.5 weighs 1lb 1oz with no cover. so basically same weight. target separation is where its at! i have an 1853 home and ft yard is just littered with old nails. that was first place i took this coil on the MXT. every detector i have ever owned has started in this ft yard. without much luck. now air test the sef did alot better than stock 9.5 on everything. its amazing what small tiny things this coil will pick up. several things were very deep and looked for ever til finally found the little tiny metal object. so back to the nail infested yard...my first 2 targets were very good signals showing 7 inches first one and 8 inches second one. very smooth signal but very short.was reading from 5cent to penny on both. first target was an 1864 indian head penny!!! i couldnt believe it.. second target was a 1936 buffalo nickel...both were very deep at least 8 inches. now i dont know what is inside this coil but it works very well. i have had several DD coils and ran them all thru the ft yard along with all my concentric coils. to get used to the coil after it came today i took it to the neighbors house and found several old cars and a few newer coins. i will post more tomorrow thanks for looking

I retired from ohio department of corrections in 2008. Been a foster parent 17 years. Adopted 2 teen boys in 2013 ;) been swinging a detector since 1978 at age 11.. Ive used many different detectors and brands.. I use what works .. I wont stop til my heart does! Bill

Very nice!!!N/T
Posted by: Jeff-TN
Date: April 22, 2010 09:25PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: review 10x12 SEF coil
Posted by: plymouthian12
Date: April 22, 2010 09:46PM
awesome i wonder how i would work on the dfx ikeep thinking of getting one kent

Posted by: srf2112
Date: April 23, 2010 09:29AM
Nice finds. That coil is next on my list to get when I can.
HH
Scott

Posted by: gregp
Date: April 23, 2010 12:19PM
I take it you prefer this coil over the DD 6x10 eclipse? I am going to order a new coil before Monday. I want the best for here in Alaska and wherever i end up. I'll pay the money for the best coil. I only want to buy once. My only experience is with the stock 9.5 coil on my MXT. Will I see a big difference?

Date: April 23, 2010 01:01PM
for overall use i really like the 6x10 DD its really hard to leave at home to use anything else. i get quarters at 5 to 8 inches all day with that coil. and some deeper. the SEF coil is a little harder to swing due to design, web type pattern catches on grass where the 6x10 is very smooth and glides nice accross the grass. i am still testing the sef coil but i will never sell my 6x10 DD.

I retired from ohio department of corrections in 2008. Been a foster parent 17 years. Adopted 2 teen boys in 2013 ;) been swinging a detector since 1978 at age 11.. Ive used many different detectors and brands.. I use what works .. I wont stop til my heart does! Bill

Posted by: Topo
Date: April 23, 2010 06:53PM
basstrackerman
for overall use i really like the 6x10 DD its really hard to leave at home to use anything else. i get quarters at 5 to 8 inches all day with that coil. and some deeper. the SEF coil is a little harder to swing due to design, web type pattern catches on grass where the 6x10 is very smooth and glides nice accross the grass. i am still testing the sef coil but i will never sell my 6x10 DD.

happy 6x10dd user over her too, but Im planning to buy that sef next :detecting:

Using: White's and Tesoro

Posted by: Lunker Hunter
Date: April 24, 2010 01:24AM
I have that coil 10x12SEF and all i can say is, you will not regret getting it, well worth the money, great target separation , Great sensitivity, i can crank it up to 3+ and still be stable here in IL.I love it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Located in Crystal lake IL.........
Whites MXT 300
Whites 6000 Di pro sl
Whites Classic 5 ID

Posted by: Xergix
Date: April 24, 2010 04:36AM
The 10x12 SEF is a great coil for MXT, the only biggest fault is the wiring connector, you really hurt, it's best to open it weld and insulate it properly :wink:

Date: April 24, 2010 12:30PM
Which connector are you talking about, top or bottom. how do you take it apart and weld it? Is it waterproof now? Whats up with this?

I have the 12X15 SEF coil....
Posted by: JOE in MD
Date: April 24, 2010 03:48PM
and it seperates great( see my post). These coil are HOT!!!!!!! I even use this big coil in trashy areas ( around old foundations) and pull stuff in between the iron signals!! What a great investment for my MXT.
JOE in MD

Posted by: Xergix
Date: April 25, 2010 07:40AM
that at the end of cable, on coil is only a cable pass, that makes me more fear :unsure:

Date: April 25, 2010 01:27PM
Has anyone else had a problem with the electrical connection on the SEF 10x12? Xergix, seems to think there is a problem. I am going to buy this or the 6x10 DD in the morning. IF there is no problem with the SEF that is the way I am leaning.

Date: April 25, 2010 05:01PM
i see no problem nor have i read of any issues with that.

The Strain Relief is a compression fitting
Posted by: JW
Date: April 26, 2010 11:51AM
and is water tight, if you get that is loose, you only finger tighten it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login