Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Price for new mxt pro?
Posted by: nuggetbuster
Date: November 16, 2011 06:31PM
Whats the going price for a new mxt pro from dealers? Thinking of selling my mxt and purchasing the pro! I want those tones!! Thanks.

Re: Price for new mxt pro?
Posted by: .224 magnum
Date: November 16, 2011 06:58PM
I just ordered the mxt pro directly from whites with the 9.5 coil for 748.95. Saved $50.00 over the 12 inch coil, which was recommended for general use in residential areas. Better picking in trashy or smaller areas. They met the price from dealer, and still got all the free gifts. Super fast shipment!!! Had the unit for only 3 days already found 51 coins and some other nice items in my own yard. Fantastic machine. I have a bit of experiece with other detectors and was highly satisfied with my purchase.

Discount directly from the Whites factory! :nono:
Posted by: khouse
Date: November 17, 2011 05:25PM
I'm glad you got that deal direct from Whites factory. But the Whites factory is not to sell discounted machines. They are supposed to sell at full retail. Now it seems that the small dealers are in direct competition with the Whites mother ship. I guess they don't need dealers when they are making deals?

Posted by: widebody
Date: November 17, 2011 08:44PM
get the facts first. does seem someone has or did a no no but i wouldn't accuse whites of it. possble a salesman who thinks he woudn.'t get caught. just one idea.

HH

Garrett AT Pr o
Garrett Pro pin pointer.x2
Whites V3i

AIN'T THIS HOBBY GREAT?

THE ONLY DUMB QUESTION IS THE ONE YOU DON'T ASK.
Kelso, Wa.
where the sun don't shine most of the time.

Posted by: Douglas
Date: November 17, 2011 09:05PM
Hay 224 Magnum you got a great buy, Some think a person needs to buy from a dealer an that a good thing if there in your price , I say go where you get the best deal, but that just me. Doug from Albany Ore

Doug From Albany Or
MXT, IDX, Prizm 6T
GO BEAVERS

Date: November 17, 2011 09:23PM
Your support team represents the company - any company. Mistakes can be made that's for sure. If in fact it happened makes you wonder how many times it's been done? Or like you said it might just be a mistake?

Maybe, just maybe ....
Posted by: Monte
Date: November 18, 2011 06:26PM
the MXT Pro they sold was a 'refurb' unit? That could be sold at a lower price than a brand new model. I would think that could be it.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells

Just a name that brings back fond memories of old alkali desert favorite sites in Utah, Nevada, and Eastern Oregon. There is no pastime I enjoy more than hunting old sites as best I can, doing research, and helping others learn more about this great hobby.:

My 'Tag-Along' buddies (with coils listed in order of preferred use):
White's MXT All-Pro (w/9" and 6½" and 12" Concentrics)
White's MX5 (w/6½" and 9" Concentrics)
Teknetics Omega (w/8" Concentric and 5" DD)
Tesoro Bandido II µMAX (w/7" Concentric)
Compass Coin Hustler (w/6" Double-D)

monte@stinkwaterwells.com
(503) 481-8147

Re: Maybe, just maybe ....
Date: November 18, 2011 07:41PM
Monte, It could be? But I have never seen refurbished units for sale direct from the factory. It has always been the distributor that gets the rebuilt list from the factory - usually once a year. I forwarded this thread to Sweet Home yesterday for them to figure out. So far no reply... Could have been just an honest mistake?

Date: November 19, 2011 06:07PM
Well, I talked to Kellyco first. Got a price. Called whites and they said they could match the price, new unit not refurb. Then we talked about coils, and he said he could save me $50.00 with the 9.5 coil If I wanted. He also said Kellyco couldn't switch coils as the pro usually has the 12 inch. Called Kellyco and they confirmed they could only sell stock coil. So I went with Whites directly. Sent money order on Friday, had detector that Wed.

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: November 19, 2011 06:19PM
White's makes the MXT Pro W/950 and the stock number is #800-0326-1 The MXT Pro W/12" is #800-0326 XSP. Kellyco should know this.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030, :whites: V3i

Date: November 19, 2011 07:55PM
So you called the Whites factory in Sweet Home for sure?

Date: November 19, 2011 08:11PM
1-800-547-6911 was the number.

Date: November 19, 2011 08:14PM
Not trying to bust a nice salesman, hope I haven;'t caused him a prioblem.

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: November 19, 2011 08:20PM
That number goes to your regional distributor, not the factory, It is starting to make sense now.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030, :whites: V3i

Date: November 19, 2011 08:25PM
Yeah, I dont know much about it but it was from PA. Mid Atlantic. Is that a dealer like Kellyco?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login