Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Advice on the Whites D2 10" DD Search Coil
Posted by: bula
Date: May 02, 2012 03:21PM
I have a MXT & have used both the 12" & the D2, I think the D2 is the better of the two. I say this because the D2 is lite & works well in all soil, & I believe is just as deep if not deeper than the 12". I have a new D2 v rated & I always go back to the 6x10 the only reason I keep the D2 is I have been trying to trade it for a 8x10 butterfly.

Posted by: widebody
Date: May 02, 2012 07:55PM
i wouldn't know if my machine was de-tuned. how does one tell? just what is de-tune?
please don't give me de-tune of de-day.

HH

Garrett AT Pr o
Garrett Pro pin pointer.x2
Whites V3i

AIN'T THIS HOBBY GREAT?

THE ONLY DUMB QUESTION IS THE ONE YOU DON'T ASK.
Kelso, Wa.
where the sun don't shine most of the time.

Posted by: JohninNC
Date: May 02, 2012 08:08PM
I love my 10" DD coil. I've dug junk deeper, but my deepest good target was a US belt plate and when I could see the edge, I measured it with my digger. It was right at 10 inches deep to edge and it was on it's edge. The signal was loud and clear and the VDI was high 70's like it is for all brass. I later air tested it and it gives a good tone out to 21 inches and a correct VDI out to 18 inches. Needless to say, I use it for all my relic hunting. I don't give the 10"DD all the credit. The MXT is a really great machine! HH

John in N. Central North Carolina
WHITES MXT with Signal, Audio, Tone, and Backlight Mods
Coils - 10"DD, 5.3", 9.5" stock, and 3" x 20" Big Dawg coil.

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: May 02, 2012 08:09PM
If your detector was "detuned" or more commonly known as out of specifications, it would not operate as it did when it was new and a "detuned" detector would likely have internal components that has changed in value for various reasons. Using an aftermarket coil is not one of the reasons.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: garyw
Date: October 11, 2017 06:49PM
I have not hunted for a few years but have an mxt 300 and a m-6 I have been using a 6x10 double d in the past and it is a great coil however I had a friend that had a doubleD and out hunted me consistently with it. I have found gold rings, gold jewelry, lots of silver coins and pocket change every time I went out.

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: October 12, 2017 08:08AM
garyw
I have not hunted for a few years but have an mxt 300 and a m-6 I have been using a 6x10 double d in the past and it is a great coil however I had a friend that had a doubleD and out hunted me consistently with it. I have found gold rings, gold jewelry, lots of silver coins and pocket change every time I went out.

"out hunted"??? Remember, your coil has to be over it to retrieve it. Did you both do tests with each other's targets? Larry and I have done that many times. When I hear something and I'm just not sure, I'll ask him to come and swing his machine and give me his opinion. Grant it, sometimes I've ignored his opinion and dug the target and I've recovered an Indian cent. :biggrin:

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

6x10 question
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: October 16, 2017 05:48AM
bula
I have a MXT & have used both the 12" & the D2, I think the D2 is the better of the two. I say this because the D2 is lite & works well in all soil, & I believe is just as deep if not deeper than the 12". I have a new D2 v rated & I always go back to the 6x10 the only reason I keep the D2 is I have been trying to trade it for a 8x10 butterfly.

By "6x10" are we talking about White's 6x10?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login