Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Two Day Hunt and My Lesche Digger :ranting:
Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: December 13, 2015 07:35AM
Here's my finds from the last two days. The 1911 Barber has a nice "ding" smack dab in the middle. :veryangry: The 1905 English Half Penny sure sounded good and I thought it might be a U.S. Large cent before I got the dirt off, but no such luck. I'm still happy with the English coin. :thumbup:

Now for the RANTING..........I had a brand new Lesche digger for some time and I kept putting off using it. Larry kept telling me I would love it. Ha! Was he wrong. I hated it and I only lasted one yard before putting it back in it's holster. I disliked the way I made my plugs and scooped the soil out. Then to top it off, I dug a Barber dime and scratched that sucker! :ranting: I knew I scratched it before I even saw it out of the dirt. I've not done that in a L-O-N-G time! Now I understand why so many of Larry's coins have a dingy on them.

As for the Lesche, it will be sold.:rolleyes: I went back to my little Whites digger for the rest of the day. Aww, welcome back home little digger!! :inlove:

Had a good time out and about. The ground was perfect to retrieve targets. Sure hope others were able to get out and do some detecting. HH!

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2015 10:09AM by Nancy-IL.

Re: Two Day Hunt and My Lesche Digger :ranting:
Posted by: airscapes
Date: December 13, 2015 08:17AM
What is a whites digger?

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Posted by: vito
Date: December 13, 2015 09:36AM
Congrats on the finds and the silver, Nancy.
Very annoying to scratch a item if digging it up. I know that for sure.:ranting:
But as long as we learn the lesson all is well.
Anyway, at leats you spent some great time outdoors.:detecting:
Thanks for sharing.

Date: December 13, 2015 10:00AM
I couldn't find a picture of mine but here's the newer Whites trowel/digger. The new digger has a larger blade and hand stops that the older digger. I might have to check into this one....

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Posted by: plidn1
Date: December 13, 2015 10:01AM
I'm with you about the lesche. I have bought 4 at different times, giving them one more chance, only to sell them all with very little use.
My favorite is the Hori Hori. It makes neat plugs without ruining the grass and just seems to handle perfect.
Makes me feel more like a gardener then a treasure hunter.
Great hunt and happy Holidays.

Northern California -
Whites M6,
Whites MXT (9.5", 5.3 (6.5"), 4.5" & 6" excl, 8x6" SEF)

" IF YOU DON'T DIG IT, YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT IT REALLY WAS"

" Luck Is The Lady That I Love The Best"

Date: December 13, 2015 10:02AM
Thank you Vito. Oh, I learned my lesson fast after the first few digs with that Lesche. So many love it but it's just not for me. I like a nice rounded horseshoe plug and I am all thumbs with the Lesche.

How's that handsome boy doing? I bet he's growing fast.

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

Date: December 13, 2015 10:06AM
Thank you plid1. At least I know I'm not the only one that prefers something else than the Lesche. I'll check the Hori Hori out. I'm ready for a new digger. Also thank you for the compliment on the finds. Sure had a fun time out in this warmer than usual December weather here in Central Illinois.

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

Posted by: OregonGregg
Date: December 13, 2015 11:05AM
I hear ya Nancy. Never have liked the Lesche diggers and their design. Got rid of mine and have been using the Treasure Wise ever since. Just like that style much better.
Nice finds....even if they do have a little ding in them :)

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites M6

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2015 11:08AM by OregonGregg.

Date: December 13, 2015 12:46PM
Thank you OregonGregg, Thank goodness it wasn't a key date on the Barber. I'm glad there's more than just myself that doesn't like the Lesche. :thumbup:

I have seen the Treasure Wise digger and read where they're not good for prying. I pry a lot of dirt at times. :blush: Larry remembered that he had won a Whites digger a while back and it's got my name on it now. It's just like the one pictured with the black handle. I'll see how well I like it next time we go out.

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

Posted by: plidn1
Date: December 13, 2015 01:39PM
This is the original Hori Hori carbon blade.
There are many copies. But none as good as this one.
You won't break this one.
Mine is 25 years old.

Northern California -
Whites M6,
Whites MXT (9.5", 5.3 (6.5"), 4.5" & 6" excl, 8x6" SEF)

" IF YOU DON'T DIG IT, YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT IT REALLY WAS"

" Luck Is The Lady That I Love The Best"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2015 01:41PM by plidn1.

Posted by: OregonGregg
Date: December 13, 2015 02:29PM
Ya the Lesche's I think are a carbon steel and the Treasure Wise are cast. I have broken a couple prying in frozen ground so I buy a few at a time :) I just like the straight handle verses the way the Lesche is designed.

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites M6

Posted by: Explorer
Date: December 13, 2015 05:58PM
Any digging tool can accidentally scratch the target. It is not the tools fault.

"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living." and "Keep digging till you drop!"

Detectors.... V3i 6-2013, DFX 12-2005, Spectrum XLT (2015-for loaner) and Spectrum Eagle 6-1992 (retired).

Date: December 13, 2015 06:24PM
Explorer
Any digging tool can accidentally scratch the target. It is not the tools fault.

That's true but I know I have more control over the Whites vs. the Lesche. I am NOT one to stick my hand into a hole and pull out the dirt, I expect my digging tool to do that and the Lesche didn't work with my method of retrieval. HH, Nancy

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

Posted by: coinjumper
Date: December 13, 2015 06:35PM
These IMHO are awesome, I use one with a ball end that I attached, it cuts and scoops

Date: December 13, 2015 06:39PM
coinjumper
These IMHO are awesome, I use one with a ball end that I attached, it cuts and scoops

Now that's my kind of digger Coinjumper. :thumbup: I like that one a lot.

By the looks of the weather forecast, I won't be going out for some time to do any detecting. :sadwalk:

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login