Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Two Day Hunt and My Lesche Digger :ranting:
Posted by: dirt doctor
Date: December 13, 2015 10:39PM
Nice hunt Nancy , that's quite a variety of finds there .Congrats , especially on the Barber ( always an exciting find ) . Between the rain , aches and pains and family responsibilities I haven't been able to get out for a while now but I am sure looking forward to my future hunts . Happy holidays to you and Larry and all reading this .

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: December 14, 2015 06:43AM
Thank you Dirt Doctor, I totally agree with you about how exciting it is to find the Barber coins.

I'm sorry you're not feeling up to par. Hopefully the rain will cease and things will start looking up with your responsibilities and you'll be able to get out and do some detecting. Metal detecting sure soothes the soul and very beneficial to the mind.

We wish you a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year!

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Posted by: fishes02
Date: December 15, 2015 07:37PM
After five years of agreement, I finally found something that we disagree on. You were right on with my MXT, and the Pro Gold Headphones are the best, and the warranty actually worked, now that was a pleasant surprise. But the lesche is the best digging tool I ever used, and I never leave home with out it, but a do agree that its not the best for getting the lose dirt out of the hole! Not using it so much now-a-days as I've learned to pop the coins with a screw driver. Haven't messed one up yet, and it's real easy when they are lying on the ground, vice under!

I know what the problem is: Your pinpointing is so darn good that you were right on top of the Barber that it never had a chance, while I need to stop digging swimming pools going after a penny!

Nice haul, and we keep on digging.

Cliff

Date: December 16, 2015 06:48AM
fishes02
After five years of agreement, I finally found something that we disagree on. You were right on with my MXT, and the Pro Gold Headphones are the best, and the warranty actually worked, now that was a pleasant surprise. But the lesche is the best digging tool I ever used, and I never leave home with out it, but a do agree that its not the best for getting the lose dirt out of the hole! Not using it so much now-a-days as I've learned to pop the coins with a screw driver. Haven't messed one up yet, and it's real easy when they are lying on the ground, vice under!

I know what the problem is: Your pinpointing is so darn good that you were right on top of the Barber that it never had a chance, while I need to stop digging swimming pools going after a penny!

Nice haul, and we keep on digging.

Cliff

Cliff, Thank you. What a bummer about having a piece of equipment down. Good thing it was fixed to your liking. I really laughed when I read about our disagreement over the Lesche. You're so kind. I too love to "pluck" those coins out of the ground. Sure is nice!

You're not alone about digging those pennies. We've hit some spots where those stinking Lincolns are 5"-7" deep and they're not wheats either. We just have to tell ourselves, at least we were able to get out and do some detecting. HH,

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Posted by: GA1dad
Date: December 16, 2015 12:04PM
I have a love/hate relationship with the Lesche digger. On one hand it pierces the ground easy, slices a pretty nice plug and is great for prying against roots, on the other hand it is quite inferior ( imho ) for actual digging. Your thread prompted me to go ahead and bite the bullet on a new digger. Last I ordered the pointed one from Whites last night. I'm not ready to toss the Lesche, but am always willing to try something new.

Date: December 17, 2015 07:04AM
GA1dad, I'm with you 100%. The Lesche is great with the roots, etc. but NOT for actual digging. I too am going to use the Whites trowel next time I go detecting. I'm sure we'll both like it better for digging.

Let me know when you get yours and I'll let you know how things go next time I go detecting. It might be a week before we get out again. The temps have dropped and we're in the low 30s but next week it's to be close to 60 degrees. We're having some very strange weather this winter here in IL.

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

Posted by: JC99328
Date: December 17, 2015 11:49AM
I might need a bigger belt............

You guys keep pointing me toward better diggers and I will need one for each job. I could tip over from just the weight of the tool belt.... :surprised:

Posted by: Bill G
Date: December 17, 2015 01:06PM
Lesche is a great tool... Operator is problem..Lol :beers:

Hunt Safe,
Bill G

Every find is a good find, some are just great!!!!!!! HH

Posted by: GroundScanner
Date: December 17, 2015 02:46PM
Lesche digger is great , but agree it's not good for picking up dirt. I pry the dirt and scoop with my hand, works good. GS

Date: December 17, 2015 03:06PM
I agree, it is a good digger but it doesn't scoop out dirt worth a darn. :surrender:

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

Date: December 17, 2015 03:08PM
I don't think it's operator error but it's the way the operator likes to work. :cheers:

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

Date: December 17, 2015 03:09PM
Or else a bigger truck. I will keep my little digger in the truck in case I want to go back to it. As for the Lesche, it needs another owner. :bouncy:

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

Posted by: Bill G
Date: December 17, 2015 03:32PM
Nancy-IL
I don't think it's operator error but it's the way the operator likes to work. :cheers:

Lol...: I get it... Double Beers :beers: :beers: to ya...:smile:

Hunt Safe,
Bill G

Every find is a good find, some are just great!!!!!!! HH

Posted by: JC99328
Date: December 17, 2015 05:11PM
Actually, it's so wet and muddy here, getting the clay mud off the digger is the problem. I could dig a post hole with a screw driver right now...... :lol:

Date: December 18, 2015 07:03AM
I really dislike hunting in that clay. Hopefully it will dry out soon. Good time to put up a fence though. :biggrin:

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login