Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Two Day Hunt and My Lesche Digger :ranting:
Posted by: irnwrkr
Date: December 25, 2015 09:07AM
Been using a lesche for years, love it...however whatever works for you.

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: December 25, 2015 03:59PM
And Larry loves his and doesn't use any other unless he's field hunting. Then he uses the Predator Model 25 - Raven in the fields.

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Made my own for retrieval tool
Posted by: ronhob
Date: December 25, 2015 04:29PM
Here are the ones I made myself. I got tired of breaking the gardening tools that the big box stores sell. I advanced to a Garrett trowel to begin with, and while I liked it, the handle would leave the palm of my hand sore after a hunt in hard dirt. I then decided I needed more surface area on the handle to keep from putting so much pressure in one spot. I simply took handles off snow shovels and attached them to the SS digger trowels. I had to shim them up with a pc. of PVC tubing and some electrical tape, but they work excellent. My favorite is the Garrett 6" SS blade because of the width. It seems to work better than the other style when popping the plug out. I have never broken one or a handle. I have bent the tips before, but that's about it.
I also use a hammer holder (I picked up at home depot) for quick&easy storage while not in use. I fastened it to my bag with buttons. My digger is easy to stow away and doesn't take up space in the finds/trash compartments. The holder is actually upside down to keep the trowel in a more convenient spot. Plus it keeps the trowel blade from slapping me in the knee at times.
I had a lesche that came with a detector purchase, but I sold it with out using it. My digger does everything I would expect of a good tool, and if I need more digging power, I break out my Lesche T-handle shovel. I am more than happy with this combo. I also have a screw driver with a bicycle handle on it, and a rounded tip, for those fast clad popping places.

Two Day Hunt and My Lesche Digger :ranting:
Date: December 26, 2015 06:24AM
I think I'll stick with my Whites digger. I'm use to the their type of handle and with having carpal tunnel, it's pretty easy to dig with.

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Posted by: RedRockNv
Date: December 29, 2015 10:55PM
Don't be afraid of the Treasure Wise digger. I have used one forever with no problems and would buy another in a heart beat.

Date: December 30, 2015 06:04AM
Thank you RedRockNv for your reply.

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

Posted by: JC99328
Date: December 30, 2015 06:42PM
If the snow's too deep to MD in, find some other way to get in trouble.... and use your Lesche shovel !!

Very close to what I would refer to as getting stuck. I was where I shouldn't have gone, but then who hasn't??

Let me start by saying never, I said never, leave home without a shovel !!! And, no I didn't, but this for those of you that do.

I was running some high country roads (5500' elev) looking for a stupid coyote so I could clean up the gene pool. Got to the end of the plowed road (2-3' of snow) and just kept going on what is a snowmobile trail on the county road. After a couple miles.... my buddy and I thought maaaaybeeee we were pushing our luck. We hit a soft spot and stopped. Couldn't move after a slight spin. Out comes the shovel and around the tires I went. Hopped in and got a little ways but not moving good. Another shovel job, better this time.

We got moving real good... in reverse. I backed up about 1/2 mile and slid into the ditch in another soft spot. Another shovel job but this time I hit gravel. Went forward, really got on it and went down the ditch for 30 yds or so and popped back onto the road. We decide I better get turned around.

There was field entrance about 50yds behind me so we shoveled out a spot. Note: the regular shovel worked better than the Lesche!! About this time 2 friend's in Toyo's came up. They went on by me and stayed to make sure I was back on the road and going forward.

I backed into the lightly shoveled spot and 2 turns later was back on the road going the right way (out of there!!) This was a really good use for the locking rear end and Torsen front end on the Raptor !! Could have used better tires too!!

Now I don't know about you, but If I can get myself out, I wasn't stuck. Not having to get pulled out by a Toyo....priceless !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2015 06:45PM by JC99328.

Posted by: kickback
Date: January 01, 2016 06:43PM
Nancy
That was a great hunt in my eyes.I only hope I can learn my MXT as you have obviously learned yours.
Bill

Date: January 02, 2016 05:25AM
Bill, You'll learn your MXT. I can honestly say that I know my MXT like the back of my hand. The more you use it, the more you're going to love it.
Enjoy and HH,
Nancy

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

Posted by: GA1dad
Date: January 06, 2016 12:33PM
I got my Whites "Dalyn" digger in just before X-Mas,,,, as we were getting all the rain. I can say this for it,,, it's a booger to keep mud off of. Anybody got a line on a good holster for the Dalyn style diggers?

I also go a Lesche Sampson for X-mas, so that's pretty much been my go-to digging / getting up off the ground tool.

Date: January 06, 2016 12:48PM
Anyone have a good idea for a coating spray to help with "mud release" ?? There must be some kind of silicon spray to help ??

Date: January 06, 2016 07:49PM
I used mine today and used it a lot. Worked great in the frozen ground. I went through about 2" average frost but is getting rotten and punched through fairly easily. Much better than my old brand X. No clue who actually made brand X but it's pretty clunky.

Date: January 07, 2016 05:48AM
So many love their Lesche for that reason. I know it's great in hard frozen soil, tree roots, rocks, and clay but it's just not for me. If I need help, Larry is always willing to lend a helping Lesche. :surrender: :cheekkiss:

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

Posted by: fishes02
Date: January 07, 2016 11:18AM
So; if you find it, and Larry digs it, who gets to post it????

Should be back in the low 50s this weekend - you know where I will be!!

Good Hunting/Cliff

Date: January 07, 2016 11:25AM
:rofl: It depends on if it's a keeper or not. Just kidding. He will let me have it which it's usually a wheat cent. He's pretty good about helping me out when I need it but that doesn't happen too many times during the season.

Hope you find some keepers also. We're to be in the low 40s and tomorrow in the upper 40s but with rain. :sadwalk: Then the bottom drops out and we'll be in single digits.

HH,
Nancy

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2016 11:38AM by Nancy-IL.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login