Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Question on pointing
Posted by: JC99328
Date: January 03, 2016 06:49PM
Actually more on pin pointers as I'm usually right on with the big machine.

I'm mostly a junk digger. I have 2 pin pointers, an old Whites bullseye and a carrot. This means when I go down into a deep hole, I'm getting side readings with the carrot and the Whites won't find anything. The carrot is very sensitive the old one not so much. The real question: will the new Whites do a LOT better job than the old one? I like the tip reading better than the whole stick at times.

Opinions??

Re: Question on pointing
Posted by: irnwrkr
Date: January 03, 2016 06:53PM
I have a trx and a makro...trx stays on my side. I usually dig past the depth the object reads and flip the plug over. Then if I dont see object the pinpointer comes out.

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: January 04, 2016 06:11AM
I have the Garrett and TRX, the TRX is the one I use :thumbup:

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: Frank L
Date: January 04, 2016 06:55AM
Why the preference, Larry?

Date: January 04, 2016 07:54AM
Hi Frank, like JC, I prefer the directional pattern.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

Posted by: JC99328
Date: January 04, 2016 12:12PM
How do the old bullseye and the new TRX compare? I like the size and shape of the TRX a lot better. Sensitivity??

Date: January 04, 2016 03:28PM
The Bullseye and TRX really have not much in common. The TRX will get up to three inches deep for me and it has ground balance, variable sensitivity settings and much more like two AA or 1 9 volt battery, orange battery cap with lanyard attachment, holster, lost pinpointer alarm, waterproof, etc.. You will have to go to White's site and read about it.

Posted by: Frank L
Date: January 04, 2016 05:31PM
Thanks, Larry, just curious

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login