Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Mxsport
Posted by: finnfoto
Date: January 10, 2016 03:16PM
Repackaged Mxt. 13.8 khz. Can't swing the price of 1300 bucks. Would have love to seen this in a dual frequency like the DFX.

Re: Mxsport
Posted by: JC99328
Date: January 10, 2016 05:01PM
Like the package... not the price.

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: January 10, 2016 05:05PM
I think we have a ways to go yet before we can call the MXSport a waterproof MXT. The MXT has special engineering that we don't know if it was duplicated in the new MXSport yet. The MXT has mixed mode running all metal and discrimination modes at the same time as well as the high speed VSAT ground tracking, hyperSAT for prospecting and iron probability that the MXT is well known for.

All we know so far is the operating frequencies are very close to each other, if not the same. I did notice that the battery life is only half of the MXT for some reason :shrug:

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: Wayfarer
Date: January 10, 2016 09:05PM
Larry, on page 5 of the MX Sport manual it says battery life is "up to 40 hours," but on the specs it says "20+ hours.". My guess is that it burns batteries at the same rate as the old MXT, but the marketing people decided to play it conservative so there wasnt such high expectations in case the full 40 hours wasn't met, like with rechargeable, lower quality non-alkalines, or with a lot of backlight or night external speaker volume.

I've got my fingers crossed that tthere's still a "real" MXT under the hood.

Current detectors: White's V3i, MXT, XL Pro
Past: White's XLT, 6000D Series 3, Coinmaster 2DB, Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Detecting since 1980

Posted by: airscapes
Date: January 10, 2016 10:01PM
Larry, here is the users manual for the new machine.
https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=q7JhMynUOQqxb8KCYBByuA%3D%3D&fcc_id=KHS800-0347
https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=2826896

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2016 10:02PM by airscapes.

Date: January 10, 2016 10:07PM
Thanks for posting the link to the user manual. Reading the manual should answer most questions about operation and features. By the way, I meant high external speaker volume, not "night." Darn autocorrect.

Past: White's XLT, 6000D Series 3, Coinmaster 2DB, Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Detecting since 1980

Date: January 11, 2016 07:16AM
I couldn't open the PDF's, it might be the upgrade to windows 10 that I did.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

Date: January 11, 2016 08:05AM
Ahh, Nancy could open it and sent it to me......... interesting. It does have mixed mode Relic and the salt track option for any program. I do like the Treasure Pro display on the MXSport but the anticipated price tag scares me. Again, time will tell.

Date: January 11, 2016 10:04AM
Glad Nancy got you hooked up with a copy of the manual. Mixed mode relic, salt, etc., all point to basically an MXT with upgraded software. Looks like they took the MXT, added features in software, and made some changes to the board to get rid of some of the older (probably hard to source) parts and make it fit the new waterproof housing and TreasurePro-type screen and controls. I just hope they didn't mess with it too much to alter the MXT's "sports car" handling and keeps the MXT "heart and soul." .

Detecting since 1980

Posted by: finnfoto
Date: January 11, 2016 10:52AM
This is to be the competitive unit to the AT-PRO.

Date: January 11, 2016 10:57AM
finnfoto
This is to be the competitive unit to the AT-PRO.

Surely White's knows this too, that their main competition is the AT Pro, and I would think they will be savvy enough to price it appropriately. The absurdly high price we've seen floating around ($1349 :surprised:) is at this point totally unsubstantiated rumor. My guess is that it will end up priced in the $600-800 range. We will soon see.

Detecting since 1980

Posted by: irnwrkr
Date: January 11, 2016 06:32PM
Looks like same type of coil as fbs models

Ref: A Dual-Frequency WATERPROOF Detector INSTEAD Of WHAT WHITES CAME UP With: A-M-E-N To THAT!!
Posted by: NamVetLesTreasureSeeker
Date: January 11, 2016 11:08PM
WHITES,Y-O-U REALLY B-L-E-W a GREAT OPPORTUNITY!! Les Robinson.

Doesn't follow rules on classifieds. Keeps listing multiple sales.

Posted by: steve herschbach
Date: January 12, 2016 01:58PM
Funny to read the commentary. As if White's coming out with this would preclude them coming out with a new multifrequency unit, and that they have therefore blown it. Really? Might it be more likely that given a new housing you will see a whole series of new machines based on it?

And battery life. 20+ hours and 40 hours can mean the same thing. It's called CYA.

On the flip side, expecting them to price this less than an MXT Pro when it has far more features than an MXT Pro, weighs less, and is waterproof, again, really?

Lots of people been wanting a waterproof MXT for many years, and lots of people are going to love this machine. All it really needs is an adapter so people with large existing MXT compatible coil collections can use them on this new machine without having to buy a bunch of new coils.

Minelab GPZ 7000, Gold Monster 1000, Equinox 800; Garrett ATX; Makro Gold Racer; White's V3i/Bigfoot; Garrett Carrot; Sun Ray Pro Gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2016 02:08PM by steve herschbach.

Posted by: Frank in NH
Date: January 12, 2016 03:13PM
Yes it would be nice to be able to use all my MX5 coils!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login