Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
MXT Vdi readings
Posted by: acemagurgle
Date: January 22, 2016 10:30AM
Im just curious if anybody else gets Vdi readings that don't match what the MXT Pro is showing me on the screen? Example: In coin /jewelry with settings at 2-3 discrimination, 7-8 gain , I kept getting readings of 45 Vdi , Ring/pull tab , and everytime i dug up they were pennies? Just wonder if anybody can help ? This search took place in a park, any suggestions? Thanks

Re: MXT Vdi readings
Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: January 22, 2016 02:32PM
I'm sure they are newer zinc pennies, so it could be the soil they are in is pulling the VDi numbers down. Are you ground balancing the detector prior to starting your search at each location?

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Date: January 22, 2016 05:41PM
yes I am ground balancing, soil isn't highly mineralized , makes me say to myself, dig it up even if you get readings that don't correspond to what the detector s teliing me, thanks for your input

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: January 22, 2016 08:56PM
Does the odd VDI's happen just in this park? Something is not right, a VDI might vary by a couple numbers but it is not normal to be off that far.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: January 23, 2016 06:20AM
Zinc cents should read in the high 50s to high 60s depending on how decomposed they are. I agree with Larry, something isn't right. Have you done any air tests with different items and coins? I would start testing items if not.

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Date: January 26, 2016 01:08PM
No I haven't done any air tests , ill try that to see , thanks for your input

Posted by: poorman
Date: February 15, 2016 09:20PM
Are you using a White's Coil ? I know some after mkt coils read different, usually lower VDI

Posted by: JC99328
Date: February 17, 2016 12:18PM
My machine was running some odd number yesterday too. The ground was vary wet to the point of water in the holes when I dug. Every reading that said "quarter" was a dime !! Never did find a quarter. But I was ready to put out a hit on whoever was drinking Corona !! Dud left about 1000 caps in the place.:veryangry::thumbdown:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login