Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
MX Sport Guys that got your unit back from Whites please post.
Posted by: Trashfinder
Date: April 08, 2016 06:42AM
I bought the MX Sport right right out of the box and had lots of issues i wont go into, i got rid of it , but now i hear that Whites admitted there was a problem and is fixing them. I would like to hear what people have to say now about the machines they are getting back from Whites and how they like the fixed machine?

Re: MX Sport Guys that got your unit back from Whites please post.
Posted by: irnwrkr
Date: April 11, 2016 08:52PM
Mine will be back Friday. Will post on Saturday after I use it. I can tell you my mxt all pro is making me work

Posted by: qkslvr
Date: April 14, 2016 10:28AM
Check out Carolina Coin Hunter on youtube, he just posted a new video recently showing target recovery speed.

Wayne

Date: April 15, 2016 09:34PM
Put two nickels down about 6" apart, did real good at separating

Posted by: Albert
Date: April 16, 2016 02:03PM
Just got mine back. Big difference in seperation and recovery speed. I used my brand new 6x10 coil instead of the stock coil and it makes a big difference. The target id's were lower however but the seperation and speed were great with this coil. Found gold with it at the trashy park we always go to. Coin / jewelry program, 7 sensitivity, threshold 1 , . Big Ben found by wife and mxt pro

Posted by: MrBranton33
Date: April 21, 2016 09:30PM
The updated unit is very good. I tested mine against the MXT All Pro Today and can confirm that it is a step up in several ways. I know that a few people have been pretty torn up over this, as I have seen some posts on the forums, as well as my channel. I really don't understand why exactly. The MXT is a fine machine, and I personally wouldn't be bothered by a new unit if it was my primary machine. Anyway, the MX Sport is deeper in my ground and the target separation and recovery speed is faster. It also seems a bit more sensitive to thin gold jewelry. This is all based on testing. I have nothing to gain by these results, except a better metal detector for myself. With all the new features, and the waterproofing, It's the one I'd go for personally. I love the knobs, toggle switches, and the overall feeling of the MXT, but I figured Whites would move away from that at some point anyway.I may have to do a head to head comparison video so everyone can see for themselves.

Youtube: Carolina Coin Hunter

White's V3i ,MX Sport.MXT All Pro,Fisher F75 ltd 2,Garrett AT Pro, Fisher cz70 Pro,Minelab CTX 3030, & a bunch of dirt stained jeans. Lol :)

Can you get AUDIOMOD to work?
Posted by: greenmeanie
Date: April 22, 2016 08:50AM
It seems to nothing for me but crack at the final inch of depth.

CTX 3030
TreasureTurf.com

Date: May 01, 2016 09:22PM
Finally got to turn my unit on after having it back 3 weeks, been busy. Went over area ive hunted with a v3i, m6, ctx, and everything else I could have gotten my hands on. All metal, s.a.t. at 5 threshold set at 3. Found a quarter, nickel, and a dime. The quarter and nickel were about 7" and dime was a surface find. This appears to be a deep hard hitting unit

Posted by: greenmeanie
Date: May 01, 2016 10:22PM
All Metal would drive me nuts.

CTX 3030
TreasureTurf.com

Posted by: Old California
Date: May 01, 2016 10:59PM
Thanks for sharing your 1st experience with the firmware upgrade, Good to hear you're using one of the All Metal Modes.

I use All Metal or Prospecting mode a lot, for areas with mineralization. It is deeper with one of the All Metal modes, and SAT plays a serious role with recovery depending on ground conditions.

For trashy older sites, prefer Relic mode it too is pretty fast especially cranking up SAT to maxium this shortens the tone even more very snappy like.

SAT doesn't reduce depth in Relic mode as it does with All Metal or Prospecting mode, auctally enhances the signal in Relic mode.

Really like what I'm seeing with the MX Sport in both Relic and Prospecting mode, will share my finds and thoughts soon with the current firmware, a few more outings to try out a few more features.

Have a feeling it's as quick as the Deus, I'll compare both on my next outing.

Thanks again for sharing,
Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Posted by: Digging Pitts
Date: December 28, 2016 10:42AM
I know that this is an older post, but I just got mine back from White's. I was able to get in a full day with it when we had a thaw in winter here in Utah. I have to say that I was very impressed. The firmware upgrade has made it a better machine in so many ways! Very deep, even on small targets. The target separation is amazing. I had a terrific day with many great deep finds. I am looking forward to spring so I can get out and do some wading with it. I like it a lot! Of course White's customer service is top notch. When you buy a machine form them you know you will get taken care of. Just my two bits. I hope that helps!

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: December 29, 2016 06:37AM
I LOVE it! Thank you for posting Digging Pitts!:detecting:

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login