Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Love Those Indians
Posted by: Zip Zip
Date: October 26, 2016 08:02AM
I haven't been lucky enough to find an indian yet. I once read that they show up on the screen as a zinc penny do they?

MXT All Pro, GMT

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: October 26, 2016 08:26AM
Zip Zip
I haven't been lucky enough to find an indian yet. I once read that they show up on the screen as a zinc penny do they?

For the most part, the Indians love to jump all over the VDI scale till they come out of the ground, I've had some ring up as junk. Once I had a real "iffy" signal and I had hubby swung his coil over it and he said, "It's junk". I dug anyway and it was an Indian. Out of the dirt, they are a good solid 62 but with other coils, it could ring up different.

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: October 27, 2016 01:01AM
Nancy-IL
For the most part, the Indians love to jump all over the VDI scale till they come out of the ground, I've had some ring up as junk. Once I had a real "iffy" signal and I had hubby swung his coil over it and he said, "It's junk". I dug anyway and it was an Indian. Out of the dirt, they are a good solid 62 but with other coils, it could ring up different.

Hey Nancy,

When you're talking junk readings on IH's, are we talking in the iron and foil range? Or like running in square tab and zincoln territory?

I've not turned up an IH yet with my MXT though I've tested it with some I already have. In the field, I find that the zinc pennies seem pretty steady UNLESS they are corroding and the surfaces are pitted and the guts coming out. Then the target ID's seem to bounce around a lot. I'm able to pretty well call them when I go over one.

Rich -

* etrac * racer 2 * mojave * eq 800 * . . and others *

1st day of detecting school . . . . . . . . . . . .

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: October 27, 2016 07:21AM
Totally understand about the "calling them". Been there. As with the Indian cents, it's a bouncy signal. I just wrote about the IH on the other topic. VDI 40s -70s. Jumping everywhere. And yes, it seems like a bit of different type of "ping".

You'll find one of those Indians soon. I know you will.

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Love Those Indians
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: October 28, 2016 08:11PM
Pretty sure those IH's will turn up when I get over them. That middle of the road meter territory from nickels to penny is where tokens and IH pennies fall on the conductivity scale and I like finding both.

Like you, IH's are one of my favorite coins. When I find one, I am always hoping for an oldie.

Rich -

* etrac * racer 2 * mojave * eq 800 * . . and others *

1st day of detecting school . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login