Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
MXT models with tone ID ?
Posted by: SWMO Mark
Date: September 05, 2016 10:14AM
I am thinking about getting a used MXT, but want one with tone ID. Wasn't sure which models have tone ID. Thanks for any info. Mark

Re: MXT models with tone ID ?
Posted by: NMchaser
Date: September 05, 2016 11:20AM
I held out acquiring a MXT until it came with multi tones. The multi tones on my MXT All-Pro are just not the quality that I had been listening to on my V3i. So, what I do is run the MXT All-Pro in single tone. I could have been enjoying an MXT years ago.

Re: MXT models with tone ID ?
Posted by: Sneakyweasel
Date: September 05, 2016 11:48AM
The MXT Pro has multitone, which can be enabled whilst in all-metal mode too. I used an MXT for many years before upgrading to the Pro.. and am glad I did.

MXT models with tone ID ?
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: September 05, 2016 10:28PM
Having just been through the process of hunting down an MXT myself, I believe that the Original MXT Tracker series and the MXT 300 are the early versions, before MULTI-TONES, GROUND GRAB and BACKLIGHT. You can identify older models as they have a TARGET ID reference sticker below the LCD display for the 3 different hunting Modes; Coin/Jewelry, Relic, and Prospecting. The MXT Pro and the MXT All-Pro have 3 touch buttons in place of the target reference sticker. The 1st of the buttons has a picture of 2 - Musical Notes, the second is labeled Ground Grab and the third has a Picture of a lightbulb.

I have only a few hunts on my MXT All-Pro, but already have a preference for the Single Tone and am experimenting with the Relic Tone-2. I came from the Explorer / etrac world where there is A LOT going on in the headphones, but the ears and the brain eventually figure it out. At least I think so. As for my MXT, it is too early to tell what I will stick with, still learning things and figuring out what works best.

Best of luck finding what suits your fancy,

Rich -

* etrac * racer 2 * enox 800 * . . and others *

1st day of detecting school . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login