Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: I might have to buy one or two.
Posted by: JC99328
Date: October 22, 2016 06:13PM
I don't have one of the chain, it was just a small link chain. All of it are at the sheriffs office's lost and found now trying to find the owner. Also placed an ad in the local paper. We live in a very small community and there's a good chance we might know the owner and make a return. It's actually a long shot since these things were 4-5" deep are were there for years most likely.

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: October 23, 2016 07:32AM
It's very pretty. My guess it was lost years ago since it was buried rather deep for a ring. Many times roots will grow through them and prevent them from going very deep. How may days will it be back into your hands if there's no one claims it? Thanks for sharing and HH, Nancy

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: October 23, 2016 11:51AM
JC,

That's a great looking ring and a wonderful find for your wife. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Rich

* minelab etrac * makro racer 2 * . . . and others *

1st day of detecting school . . . . . . . . . . . .

Date: October 23, 2016 01:15PM
Sheriff said 90 days and it's yours if there's no claim. We are heading back to the same sports park later today if it doesn't rain.

Date: October 23, 2016 03:07PM
That's not long at all. It's very pretty.

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Posted by: GA1dad
Date: October 25, 2016 10:52AM
Congrats to your wife!!!!

Re: I might have to buy one or two.N/T
Posted by: Zip Zip
Date: October 26, 2016 07:50AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

MXT All Pro, GMT

I might have to buy one or two.
Date: October 27, 2016 01:34AM
Funny you mention that Larry, I used your 'poster' as a desktop background some years ago as a reminder that some of those foil and pull tabs signals I was walking over were actually rings and jewelry.

BTW, is that central piece something you found? If so, what's the story behind that?

Rich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2016 01:37AM by Rich (Utah).

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: October 27, 2016 08:31AM
I'm honored you liked my art Rich and yes I found all that is in the picture. I'm not sure which piece is central to you but I just looked up the old posts and it has been 14 years on the 108 diamond bracelet. I put the gold coin in a bezel, wear it 24/7 and Nancy wears the bracelet on special occasions. Many of the older posts are fractured as is the bracelet post, and posts and data older than 11 years don't exist on this server anymore.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?28,432751,432751#msg-432751

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2016 08:40AM by Larry (IL).

I might have to buy one or two.
Date: October 28, 2016 08:24PM
Larry (IL)
I'm honored you liked my art Rich and yes I found all that is in the picture. I'm not sure which piece is central to you but I just looked up the old posts and it has been 14 years on the 108 diamond bracelet. I put the gold coin in a bezel, wear it 24/7 and Nancy wears the bracelet on special occasions. Many of the older posts are fractured as is the bracelet post, and posts and data older than 11 years don't exist on this server anymore.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?28,432751,432751#msg-432751

Wish the server still had some of that OLD stuff from more than 10-11 years ago. I found a 1909-S VDB Wheatie way back when with my Explorer XS and entered it in the Explorer Forum Find of the Month contest and won. My harddrive crashed not long after that and amongst other things, I lost my photos of that coin. It wouldn't be such a big deal except I sold the coin. :closedeyes: A few years ago, going thru some old computer files at work, I found a photo of the front but there wasn't one of the back, with the VDB. Would be great if those files were still available.

Best of luck out there to everyone.

Rich -

Date: October 31, 2016 06:29PM
Deer season, elk season, pheasant season, quail season, then rain... keeping me from getting out and digging. Did find a copper penny in my change at the C store!

Date: January 26, 2017 02:15PM
You're not going to believe this................................

I have an extremely @#$%& wife. We went to the Sheriffs office yesterday to reclaim the ring.. Deputy said it 60 days, not 90 as she was told. After that if not claimed, it's "disposed of". End of story, no recourse.:veryangry:

Date: January 27, 2017 06:50AM
You've got to be kidding me! I would be talking to the Sheriff/Chief and vent. Someone got a nice ring that's employed with the county/city.
And that's why we don't rely on the authorities to find an owner, they won't and don't try. If you want, you can call and let them know you found "a piece of jewelry".

Years ago I had found a beautiful men's gold ring with diamonds and I called the local police dept. and the guy actually laughed and seems like he said some remark about doubt anyone would claim it. This was a very small town also. After that, we haven't notified the authorities with any jewelry finds. I have called them to come pick up old ammo found that's still intact and they're glad to come pick it up. If there's an inscription or any identification on the jewelry, we do our best to get it to the owner.

Nancy - Central Illinois

MXT
MXT PRO

President 2013, 2014
Vice President 9 years.

Posted by: davidtn
Date: January 27, 2017 11:30AM
quicksilver
Don't get discouraged. It's all about location. I pound silver with my mxt nearly Everytime out. But I door knock old houses in old neighborhoods. Guaranteed to make old finds that way. Location, location.

What is your 20 second "elevator speech" you use in order to obtain permission to hunt someone's yard?

Thanks so much!

Date: January 27, 2017 03:05PM
Nancy-IL
You've got to be kidding me! I would be talking to the Sheriff/Chief and vent. Someone got a nice ring that's employed with the county/city.
And that's why we don't rely on the authorities to find an owner, they won't and don't try. If you want, you can call and let them know you found "a piece of jewelry".

Years ago I had found a beautiful men's gold ring with diamonds and I called the local police dept. and the guy actually laughed and seems like he said some remark about doubt anyone would claim it. This was a very small town also. After that, we haven't notified the authorities with any jewelry finds. I have called them to come pick up old ammo found that's still intact and they're glad to come pick it up. If there's an inscription or any identification on the jewelry, we do our best to get it to the owner.

I know the Sheriff and my neighbor works there. You better believe they will hear about it!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login