Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Help mounting DX1 to MXT
Posted by: wingryder
Date: November 17, 2016 10:50PM
Picked up a used DX1 probe to use with my DFX and MXT. I think I am missing some hardware to mount the probe to the shaft. All I got was one probe mount. I think there should be two.. but even more important how does it tighten to the detector shaft. Some of the pictures I have seen show a separate bolt or something.. which I don't have. Of course no paperwork came with the Sunray.

thanks
wingryder

Re: Help mounting DX1 to MXT
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: November 18, 2016 06:22AM
This is what you got when purchased new, if you need parts you can call Ralph at Sunray detectors or improvise at the hardware store. The two bolts are nylon but anything will work to hold on the probe mount and switch box. There is also a control box mount kit that still might be available through SunRay.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2016 06:30AM by Larry (IL).

Posted by: wingryder
Date: November 18, 2016 09:45AM
thanks Larry. I made a plan last night after I posted and drilled a hole through the lower mount and bolted it nice and secure through the holes already in the detector shaft. And this morning saw your post with the holes already in that piece. Not sure why mine did not have any. I was pretty sure it had to work that way.

My first reaction (and never had it outside yet) is it is not for me. But we shall see.

thanks again

Don

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: November 18, 2016 04:11PM
Give it a good chance to impress you. It is the only pinpointer I know of with exceptional depth and target ID. Google DX-1 reviews to see what others had to say about it. The only negative thing I can say about the DX-1 is it adds some weight to the detector, other than that I really liked mine.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: November 19, 2016 06:14AM
I love my DX1 pinpointer and I hope I'm never without it. Please give it a good try. :detecting:

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login