Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
D2 coil over sef
Posted by: Bigtom123
Date: November 19, 2016 04:37PM
I was wondering which of these coils work best on the mxt ,is one better than another?

Re: D2 coil over sef
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: November 29, 2016 01:19AM
Hey there Tom,

Surprised that nobody has posted up on this over the last couple weeks. There are a few DETECH SEF Coils; 18" X 15", 15" X 12", 10" X 12", AND 8" X 6" .

I currently have the Whites 10" D2 coil and 5.3 Eclipse. An 8" x 6" is on it's way for this next year.

What do you plan on using the coil for? It will help others making suggestions for you.

Rich (Utah)

* etrac * racer 2 * mojave * eq 800 * . . and others *

1st day of detecting school . . . . . . . . . . . .

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: November 29, 2016 06:40AM
I'm sorry, I hadn't even seen this post till now.. :shocked:

As Rich stated, there's a different coil for what type of hunting you tend to do. As for field hunting, the stock coil is pretty good. I like the little 5.3 for separation. The 8" butterfly is a fantastic coil for private yard searching. I use my stock coil most often. Etc. etc etc. So many coils but if I had to pick a favorite one, it would be the stock.

HH,
Nancy

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Posted by: KindManTall
Date: November 29, 2016 07:45PM
I use the MXT Pro with the SEF 6x8" coil with the DX-1 Probe .. I like this because the probe sounds comes thru the headphones .. Lock the pinpoiter trigger forward and the probe screams when it finds the target .. these mxt's will let you know between a quarter and bottle cap just pinpoint with the detector and wait a couple seconds if it does not overload it is a quarter ..

White's = MXT Pro ~ DFX 300 ~ VX3
Garrett = AT Pro ~ AT Gold

Posted by: Mega
Date: November 29, 2016 08:17PM
KindManTall
I use the MXT Pro with the SEF 6x8" coil with the DX-1 Probe .. I like this because the probe sounds comes thru the headphones .. Lock the pinpoiter trigger forward and the probe screams when it finds the target .. these mxt's will let you know between a quarter and bottle cap just pinpoint with the detector and wait a couple seconds if it does not overload it is a quarter ..

I use basically the very same setup ie SEF8x6 coil and the DX-1 probe but on a DFX,its a nice combination,although i dont tend too use the DFX alot these days,it was my main everyday detector for over 10 years,but use a few different ones these days like the T2 and Deus and a few others.My main big coil that i used and still own for the DFX/MXT range is the super light weight 12'' Hotshot concentric coil,very deep,great at discrimination and because it is foam filled rather than resin i could swing it all day without any problems.

Always fancied giving a MXT a go,but could not see any real advantage over the DFX.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: KindManTall
Date: November 29, 2016 09:12PM
The MXT & M6 oes not have the lock forward trigger pinpoint like the MXT Pro, dfx and the V machines

White's = MXT Pro ~ DFX 300 ~ VX3
Garrett = AT Pro ~ AT Gold

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login