Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
New to me MXT
Posted by: hivoltfl
Date: February 06, 2017 10:19PM
Got my new to me MXT this morning, read the manual, been watching every video on the machine I could find, put a battery in it went out in the yard and found my yard is full of nails, nails everywhere, had trouble with the ground balance holding in AT so I locked it down and machine settled down, Finally got a good signal in the drainage ditch VDI 22, pushed the trigger forward and still had a solid signal at 8 inches deep, said nickel or ring, dug that sucker up found a great pull tab, oh well next time, like the machine,

Rick

It will take awhile to learn it Rick.
Posted by: Elton
Date: February 07, 2017 06:59AM
Pretty soon you will be posting great finds.............

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Re: New to me MXT
Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: February 07, 2017 07:26AM
Hi Rick and welcome to the MXT. The more you use your machine, the more you're going to love it. It's a great machine and like Elton said, "Pretty soon you'll be posting great finds". HH and keep us posted!

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Date: February 07, 2017 02:08PM
Thanks you for the replies, I am not new to detecting, digging a tab is not disappointing to me, just wished I had a nickel for every one I have dug, I have had a Spectrum XLT for a good long while, almost 20 years, bought it new when they were the hot ticket. I bought the MXT because I wanted it, not because of anything wrong with the XLT, but I will admit I would rather twist a knob than scroll through all the menu's on the XLT. I live in North Florida and am retired and also handicapped due to a stroke, what I need is better places to hunt, due to FL laws and my disability I am kind of behind the 8 ball, I continue to push the issue and love the hobby, Have an old swimming hole along a creek I am gonna give the MXT a workout on, Have cherry picked parts of it, I know in my mind there's good stuff waiting for me. Happy Hunting

Rick

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: February 08, 2017 07:03AM
Please tell me you kept your Spectrum XLT for a back up. You've said one of the reasons why I love the MXT so much. "I will admit I would rather twist a knob than scroll through all the menu's". It's a turn on, go machine. I've had mine since they started making them. Nope, won't part with it either. I do have the MXT Pro also. Both are great machines! HH, Nancy

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2017 07:13AM by Nancy-IL.

Date: February 08, 2017 10:37AM
Thanks Nancy, yes I still have the XLT, have no intensions of turning it loose, My son will get it when I no longer have need for it.

Never Quit the Fight

Rick

Posted by: Cajuncoinhunter
Date: February 09, 2017 03:16PM
A great all-around machine that can run with the big boys ! CCH

Southern Louisiana Metal Detecting
Findmall Civil War Forum - Moderator
Whites, Fisher & Minelab Metal Detectors

Date: February 09, 2017 03:47PM
Thanks for your service Cajun, my brother was a Marine, so was my Dad, dad was on Guadalcanal and a few more places, Semper Fi.

Whites Spectrum XLT
9.5 and 5.3 bulls eye coils
Whites MXT e series
9.5, 6x10 DD, 5.3 coils
Garrett carrot

Never Quit the Fight

Posted by: OldCapeCodder
Date: February 22, 2017 04:54PM
YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY WITH YOUR MXT...OVER THE YEARS I HAVE HAD 5 OF THEM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login