Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Relic_Digs
Posted by: fishes02
Date: February 21, 2017 11:13AM
Hit a new site that was supposed to have a Civil War Camp; wasn't sure until the 3rd time out that I hit the CW bullet. Also, picket up a couple of buttons, but no markings so not sure what these came from, and the silver ring was very deep as well. Note the inside of the ring, not very smooth at all. Will head back over when the weather turns nice again. First Relic hunt turned out perfect! Thanks for looking.

/Cliff

Re: Relic_Digs
Posted by: vito
Date: February 21, 2017 12:56PM
Hello Cliff.

These sure are great finds and these are great pictures, too.

Think you'll dig some more good stuff there.

Best of Luck for the next hunt.

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: February 21, 2017 02:38PM
A great bunch of goodies Cliff :clapping: Do you think the silver ring might have been made from a coin?

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: February 21, 2017 07:12PM
Nice bunch of old finds... congrats..

Date: February 21, 2017 09:14PM
The ring is to smooth to be a coin; though I wish it was.... It's just that I haven't seen the likes of the inside on any other ring that I have found. Wish I could figure out what the two flat cylinders are; it's a top and bottom to something...just can't make it out, and no markings....could have been a locket...but, who knows...just nothing to go on. I think my biggest surprise was the weight of the C/War bullet. It's very heavy... oh well, here's to the next outing, and thanks for looking.

/Cliff

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: February 22, 2017 06:41AM
Super finds Cliff! I agree with Larry, that ring sure looks like a coin ring in progress. With it being less silver such as a coin, I think that's why the color isn't as shiny. Coins have less silver content. It looks as though they didn't finish it. I could be wrong. JMHO.

As for the flat round items, do you think they could be from a pocket watch? Love the miniƩ ball. And then the bird tag is pretty neat as well. You found a LOT of miscellaneous items from one hunt. Way to go Cliff! Thanks for sharing with us and I can't wait to see what else you come up with there. HH!

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Date: February 22, 2017 08:50AM
You got me there, or I should say you got me twice. Minie ball? and bird tag? The bird tag (B256)? That's the second one that I came across at the site, but didn't have a clue as to it's ident. Maybe a chicken tag that got an invite to dinner!! A big thanks for the ident. Any thoughts on the buttons? I pulled a number of old square nails; mucho trash at the site. Didn't dig those hits for the most part, only the positive id's.

Will keep you all posted on my next outing.

Thanks for looking/Cliff

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: February 24, 2017 07:43AM
Cliff, The bird tag (B256) could have been for any type of bird. Possibly a pigeon, goose, duck, who knows...... It's an oldie. The miniƩ ball is also called a "Three Ringer". VERY nice find there and it's in great shape. Can you imagine shooting a gun with those? I bet that gun had a lot of kick to it.

Oh yes, please keep us posted. I love seeing the finds and I'm sure others do too. :clapping:

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Posted by: Cajuncoinhunter
Date: March 03, 2017 02:26PM
Good finds. Please feel free to post any CW finds on the civil war forum also. Many thanks. CCH

Southern Louisiana Metal Detecting
Findmall Civil War Forum - Moderator
Whites, Fisher & Minelab Metal Detectors

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login