Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
MXsport vs. MXT pro
Posted by: dirt lizard
Date: May 10, 2017 06:11AM
Will the MX sport over take the MXT pro in the near future? A lot of folks seem to be jumping the fence over this machine.

Minelab Safari, Golden mask 5, Oldest coins, 1749 King George II half pence, 1783 Nova Constalatio, 1772 Spanish half Reale

Re: MXsport vs. MXT pro
Posted by: Frank in NH
Date: May 10, 2017 07:33AM
I like the Sport better then any of the MXs, have had them all.

Posted by: Flintstone
Date: May 10, 2017 08:26AM
Hi Frank, What is better about the MXsports other than waterproof? Dose it go deeper or more settings? I though it was the same as MXT just waterproof?

Posted by: Frank in NH
Date: May 10, 2017 10:07AM
It has more settings, and i do find it has more power. Plus is waterproof and rugged.

Posted by: JEF
Date: May 10, 2017 11:55AM
I sold my MXT Pro in order to buy a MXSport. Luckily, I was able to buy back my MXT for the same price that I sold it for, and I sold the Sport. To me the balance on the Sport was not very good, and I could not use it for very long before my back was killing me. Also, on the tot lots even with the little 7" coil, I could not get within about 3 feet of the metal posts. This was with the sensitivity turned all the way down to 1. Actually, for general metal detecting, I prefer the MX5 over both the MXT and the MXSport. I am keeping the MXT because it has a good prospecting program, in case I ever want to try prospecting.

Corvallis, OR
Club: Beaver State Coinshooters

Current detectors:
Nokta Impact
Tesoro Bandido II Umax
Tesoro Outlaw
Tesoro High Tone Vaquero
Tesoro Mojave
Whites MX5
Whites MXT Pro
Tesoro Sand Shark
Whites Beach Hunter ID 300

Date: May 10, 2017 06:24PM
Give the sport a couple yrs and it will die off like all the others. I'm keeping my MXT pro no matter what comes up. I've had a bunch of different detectors over the yrs and they all did the same thing same depth nothing past 10 inches. Depending on what coil you used you might get a couple more. It's no big show to me.

Minelab Safari, Golden mask 5, Oldest coins, 1749 King George II half pence, 1783 Nova Constalatio, 1772 Spanish half Reale

Posted by: quicksilver
Date: May 10, 2017 10:44PM
I bought a sport and the package, plus every coil. I already sold it. Had it about 6-8 months. It's way to heavy, poor balance, won't lock onto anything in iron. Loves iron, no solid I.D. on anything. Had great audio, nice threshold, nice programs even. Except relic mode was terrible. I never sold my mxt pro, just in case. So glad I kept it. Very simple and reliable. With the right coil it keeps up with anything out there. I love whites. But they're behind. Machines are just to heavy. Mx sport is way to sensitive and unstable. Everyone knows it, nobody will say it. It's a bust for me. My mxt pro is still cleaning out civil war camps. It ain't going anywhere except into the corn field come Sunday. There's no way the sport replaces the mxt. Just my opinion.

T2SE, G2+, Mxt All Pro, A.T. Pro, A.T. Gold, TRX pinpointer, Garrett A.T. pinpointer, and a lot of determination......

Date: May 10, 2017 10:46PM
As an after thought. All the big time relic hunters on YouTube, well, none of them swing a sport. Why?

T2SE, G2+, Mxt All Pro, A.T. Pro, A.T. Gold, TRX pinpointer, Garrett A.T. pinpointer, and a lot of determination......

Date: May 11, 2017 06:14AM
The field testers at Whites relic hunt with them and make videos to bring up sales. If they don't like them they have a give away on that machine.

Posted by: kozman4907
Date: May 19, 2017 04:15AM
MXT PRO 100% over the MX Sport. I hated the feel of the Sport. I sold it fast and found another MXT Pro. I will never sell it again . Best all round machine Whites ever made!!!

Date: May 21, 2017 10:21PM
AGREED. Mxt pro no question. The sport isn't the answer in my opinion.

Posted by: GoldChaser
Date: May 23, 2017 08:44AM
I was leaning towards the Pro until I saw this video. One thing I like about the Sport is that you can have rejected targets sound at a lower % of volume than good targets. This lets you know something is down there and doesn't blank out the audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GodnVkv4Gh0

Posted by: tboykin
Date: May 24, 2017 05:18PM
I think one thing that happens is people get used to a detector after spending years with it. So then something new comes out, they try that, and get scared.

"This is different!"

"Everything has changed!"

"What's going on!"

They immediately freak out and go back to using what they are comfortable with. And that's fine! But keep in mind that even that old tried and true relic you are hunting with had a learning curve back in the day. I have seen this with the MX Sport. But I have also seen guys put down the MXT for the MX Sport and ever look back.

If you like the MXT there is nothing wrong with using it. But don't give up on something that goes deeper without giving it a fair shake.

We could have dumbed down the MX Sport and limited the amount of gain to the coil, but why? Would you drive a Mustang with a speed governor on it? People who spend the time to learn the MX Sport are rewarded with more finds.

This guy switched to an MXS from an MXT and has gone back over old sites. Guess which machine he has made some of his best finds with?

https://www.instagram.com/djdigs/

Social Media Guy @ White's

Posted by: JEF
Date: May 24, 2017 11:46PM
My dislike of the Sport was because of the balance more than anything else. It seemed very nose heavy to me, which was hard on my back. I could not use it for very long at a time before my back was killing me. The MXT has a lot better balance, in my opinion which makes it seem lighter. Although I still have my MXT Pro, I prefer the MX5 over both the MXT and the Sport. I think it is Whites most underrated detector, and their Best Buy for the money.

Corvallis, OR
Club: Beaver State Coinshooters

Current detectors:
Nokta Impact
Tesoro Bandido II Umax
Tesoro Outlaw
Tesoro High Tone Vaquero
Tesoro Mojave
Whites MX5
Whites MXT Pro
Tesoro Sand Shark
Whites Beach Hunter ID 300

Posted by: KindManTall
Date: June 10, 2017 12:46PM
I have a MXT Pro with the SEF 6x8" coil and the DX-1 Pin pointer Probe <---- awesome combo
Have not tried the MX Sport

White's = MXT Pro ~ DFX 300 ~ VX3
Garrett = AT Pro ~ AT Gold

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login