Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: MXsport vs. MXT pro
Posted by: mrmetaldetector
Date: June 15, 2017 01:52PM
Hi guys;
I am new to the MX Sport. I had to return the first one I bought as even in an air test it would not recognize the item (IE Quarter, Nickle, Dime).
I was really heart broken as I liked the videos I had seen on Youtube for it speed iron discrimination.
Well.. It was purchased in March I returned it shortly thereafter, I got a replacement. (Nope, not a repair a direct replacement from the dealer)
I did the air test and it worked fine so I was happy and could not wait to get it out in the field. (Month later..Yes I work a lot) I finally got a chance to try it out.
Man was I bummed.. I use a Minelab CTX 3030 with a large coil and just went over the area with no issues found a silver dime. So I said well let's see what
this Whites can do. (Yes I know, no comparison on the machines CTX over MXS as well you get what you pay for) I wanted the Whites as my back up machine.
So sorry to say but the new one MXS would not lock onto a single item...I was so upset. I checked all the settings and It would false chirp and bleep like crazy.
There were others with Whites machines that were ok. (No MXS's) So I just sent that one back as well. I was told my original unit had the control housing replaced
and that the dealer tested it out and it failed again. He replaced the coil and it started working, he is awaiting a new coil and will send me that unit back.
I want to believe in this machine, I really do. I will give it one more try 3rd times the charm right? Or is that a third strike??

So if any of you Whites MX Sport guys out there who have the machine tweeked to your liking and its working great please share your settings with me. I will gladly
try setting mine up the same way just in case I am doing something wrong.

Jessie Thompson
mrmetaldetector@aol.com
http://www.noreasters.net
facebook: noreastersdetecting
Stamford, CT

These are the hunts of the Minelab CTX-3030. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new woods, to seek out new parks and new beaches, to boldly detect where no one has hunted before.

Posted by: quicksilver
Date: June 15, 2017 09:14PM
Third strike, third time is a charm, I don't know. What I do know is this. I am honest when I post, regardless of brand loyalty. I consider myself a whites first guy. Love my mxt pro, but the mxs, for my type of hunting is just not up to the job. I had the same issues, wouldn't lock on to anything, and way to heavy. Now there is a lot of stuff I like about it also. But for me, what I found, is in clean ground that thing is really deep, and sensitive, but if there was any trash around it was just all over the place. In the civil war camps I hunt, in hot ground, it was a dud. Relic mode for me was worthless. I sold it. I hope whites comes out with a follow up that works right. Cause I will buy one. These were just my experiences, maybe it works for others.

T2SE, G2+, Mxt All Pro, A.T. Pro, A.T. Gold, TRX pinpointer, Garrett A.T. pinpointer, and a lot of determination......

Date: June 16, 2017 07:37AM
Thanks. for the info. I agree in iron infested or trashy it would not lock onto anything. I wonder if others have found a way around this? If so whom and how.
Jess

These are the hunts of the Minelab CTX-3030. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new woods, to seek out new parks and new beaches, to boldly detect where no one has hunted before.

Posted by: EtracTom-AdirondacksNY
Date: June 16, 2017 10:14AM
Just bought one from Richard at Backwoods Detectors. I also got the 7" and 13" Deteck coils they fit perfectly on the lower rod with the washers but the stock 10" coil was very tight and so I went with the 7" coil to try it in a local park and I know it's a bit trashy and my soil here reads 85-87 in ground balancing on all my different machines so I let it stay at factory 90 for ground balance on all these machines.

This detector is a high gain machine so you don't need to run the sensitivity very high so I turned it down from 7 to 5 and sweep slowly ( you can just wiggle this and it will hit good if you have to) through the trash and I have no problem knowing a good coin target hit from a trash hit. OH I am set at the high trash program also. I left that setting off that allows the non wanted signals to be a different volume sorry don't remember what it's called at the moment and I lowered my threshold to 0 so as to make the machine a silent search one like the older Whites. Works great raise the gain if you get to a clean area for more depth. If your in VA and the soil is bad there it may not work like most other machines won't either.

Date: June 16, 2017 10:53AM
Great tips thanks
Jess

Re: MXsport vs. MXT proN/T
Posted by: MattBullSummerville
Date: August 05, 2017 09:46PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: dbsmokey
Date: October 15, 2017 10:13PM
KindManTall
I have a MXT Pro with the SEF 6x8" coil and the DX-1 Pin pointer Probe <---- awesome combo
Have not tried the MX Sport

Great combo, I agree!!

IDX Pro, MX5, BHID, M6, MXT Pro, Surf PI, TDI, CZ-5, CZ-20

Posted by: virginia digger
Date: November 11, 2017 04:13AM
I have owned the basic MXT and never thought it was the depth monster many said it was. Recently purchased the MX Sport and love it. It does so much more than the MXT. The software is better and the display is much more user friendly. Yes, it is a little heavy but most whites machines are that way. They don't make a cell phone on a stick as other manufacturers do. If you like the MXT then stay with it. Don't bash another machine because you didn't get the results you were searching for. It's always easy to go back to a former machine when you are frustrated with newer technology. I own 5 Whites machines and everyone is slightly different than the other. Good luck with your MXT's.

Mark

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login