Findmall.com

Whites MXT Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Here ya go Nancy....
Posted by: quicksilver
Date: June 13, 2017 12:14PM
These weren't all found with my mxt pro, but some of them were. About all I hunt now is civil war. Occasionally I get some coins in them old camps to. By the way, this was my first reale and my first 1700s coin. But the U.S. button, pre civil war I think, is my favorite. Thanks for looking.

T2SE, G2+, Mxt All Pro, A.T. Pro, A.T. Gold, TRX pinpointer, Garrett A.T. pinpointer, and a lot of determination......

Re: Here ya go Nancy....
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: June 13, 2017 05:45PM
Super button find Aaron. :clapping: It appears to be The "Great Coat" button, GI 71 or GI 72, General Services, depending on size, benchmark and other small details. They were made from 1826 to 1839. No idea of worth but has got to up there, don't think very many were made to outfit a small Army in the early 1800's.

Since you only hunt Civil War relic's and this button is not one, you can send that button to me........... :drool:

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2017 06:00PM by Larry (IL).

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: June 14, 2017 06:19AM
Very nice finds. I love looking at them. :surprised: Look at that button! :surprised: What a find. I see why Larry is drooling. Very nice and thank you for sharing your finds with us.

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!

MXT
MXT PRO
with an arsenal of coils.

*Peoria Area Treasure Hunters: Member since 2000.
President 2013, 2014
Secretary 2010, 2011, 2012.
Vice President 9 years.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Posted by: quicksilver
Date: June 14, 2017 10:02AM
Thanks for the info on the button Larry. I love that button. So you would guess it wasn't dropped by a Confederate soldier? The button and the reale we're found in a union/Confederate camp. About 50 yards apart. The nearest road to this corn field is a colonial road. Thanks for the info...

T2SE, G2+, Mxt All Pro, A.T. Pro, A.T. Gold, TRX pinpointer, Garrett A.T. pinpointer, and a lot of determination......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login