Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Beach Hunter ID coil mod ...
Posted by: undertoe
Date: July 13, 2009 05:51AM
Thanks Diggindirt, Do you know how much Whites charges for the 12" mod?

Posted by: diggindirt
Date: July 13, 2009 11:29AM
I had one of the first conversions of the BHID to "300" coil. As a matter of fact, White's only had the black coils available at that time!

Since it's been a while, I really don't want to post the price as it might have changed since I had it installed!

You need to send the detector to White's repair center in VA, (Centerville Electronics). You should call and speak to Bob, super nice guy!!!

I don't have the current number available.

Thanks!

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: July 13, 2009 12:27PM
Hey Willee,

Just some food for thought....:shrug: Did you do anything special to the connector on the EX coil or do any depth testing for waterproofing? Also, in theory anyway, a 12" conical should run circles around a 10" DD on most beaches and in neutral to low FE ground for depth. I would think the DD coil would work well in "black sand" though. Am I "all washed up" here?

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: wltdwiz
Date: July 13, 2009 01:48PM
water proof connectors can be had at docs place http://www.docsdetecting.com/docsplace/coiltek/coils2.html#connector
this would make coils interchangeable :super: i havent tryed this yet my self... worth looking into..
how dose the dd coil handle the rusty bottle caps & other iron ?

Posted by: vleonard1844
Date: June 28, 2017 11:27PM
I recently read your article about the Excelerator coil (Willee)
I did however locate a special long cable version of the D2 from,Warrens Detectors here in Florida.
I was able to keep the unit as a hip mount and the D2 is a BEAST.
If there is a neutral buoyancy coil,then this may very well be it.
Deeper targets,smaller targets and super sensitive with the Gray Ghost headphone mod.
Looking to do the remote pinpoint in the next week or so.
Thanks for the information!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2017 11:30PM by vleonard1844.

Posted by: jadocs
Date: July 06, 2017 11:34AM
I did the yellow 300 coil mod on my older Beach Hunter. I originally had the 9" disc. Purchased the coil directly from Whites and followed the instructions as outlined by the OP, piece of cake.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login