Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Need a good PI unit
Nick1878
Date: February 21, 2005 10:05AM
Need a good PI unit. I have heard too many problems with the Excalibur. The tesoro sand shark did not work for me. It was in the shop too much. That leaves fisher CZ-20, Detectorpro PI whites surfmaster PI. Any thoughts on these or are there others that are better. Mostly florida beach hunting. in and out of water. Thanks guys

Re: Need a good PI unit
Mike (Virginia Beach)
Date: February 21, 2005 11:10AM
I'm not one who would want a PI unit. I want to have some idea what I'm digging. Personally, I have the Excalibur and like it a lot. I also have a CZ-70 and you can't beat Fisher quality. So my choice, given you criteria, would be the CZ-20. If you were willing to accept an ID machine, as the CZ-20 is not a PI unit.

I Think the Whites
Seeker (ak)
Date: February 21, 2005 05:11PM
Surfmaster PI Pro is a good choice, won't cost you and arm and a leg and a friend recently traveled to Hawaii with his and came back with 7 rings, some were heavy Platinum....HH..Geo

ricky
Date: February 21, 2005 05:25PM
I went to daytona in nov. & jan. had to leave my pi mach.in the room just to much iron after the storms was wishing my sovern was a water machine,it worked great!

look at the HH Pulse, nice unit. al
kalei
Date: February 21, 2005 06:19PM
Re: I Think the Whites - I agree, unless u want one of the best - check out surfscanner - above banner -Mr bill - "Eric Foster" all hand made - $$$$ - but great
va beach max
Date: February 21, 2005 06:34PM
Nick - there are many pros and cons with a P I - u need to weight them carefully
va beach max
Date: February 21, 2005 06:36PM
HH PI is the way 2 go never nice unit and the $ is right!!!!!!! HH
Darryl from MA.
Date: February 21, 2005 07:55PM
South Florida beaches are full of iron bits, nails, etc.
Bottomfeeder
Date: February 22, 2005 09:00AM
I don't know anyone who uses a PI down there. Excal and CZ-20s are the choice.

Gulf Hunter
Date: February 23, 2005 09:52AM
You may be amazed, but I use the Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II with surprizing results. I consider myself to be novice in my ability since I have only been water hunting since June '03. My take on Galveston surf includes 7 pieces of gold and at least 12 silver and much clad. Don't under estimate the Garrett because it is cheaper.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login