Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
excalibur modifications
copperhead
Date: February 23, 2005 06:13AM
i am trying to get my excalibur modified. i want to hardwire the WOT coil to the unit and have an ikelite waterproof bulkhead connector added. is there anyone out there that has had this done and where did you get it done?

Re: excalibur modifications
JeffM
Date: February 23, 2005 01:09PM
Doesn't Doc offer this? Check out his website from the advertisement on the main forum page.
Jeff

copperhead
Date: February 23, 2005 02:31PM
doc doesn't, minelab won't do it, sunray won't do it, surf scanner turned me down. i guess i will have to give it a shot myself.

JeffM
Date: February 23, 2005 03:30PM
According to page 2 of Doc's online catalog he has a kit and instructions... I don't think I'm allowed to post the link, but the instructions are definately there.

RonC
Date: February 23, 2005 03:55PM
I just called Minelab on monday talk to Dick and he said they would do it and they wounldnt be able to pressure test it because of the big coil so I sent mine on tuesday will keep you posted on the results HH RonC

copperhead
Date: February 23, 2005 10:15PM
what doc sells is an inline waterproof connector. i did that myself and it wasn't difficult as long as you aren't color blind to match the wires. what i want to do is open up the unit and connect the coil wire directly to the circuit board inside the housing and do away with the excess coil wire and the inline connectors. it makes for a more stream lined detector and lessens the chances of tangling the coil wire while diving. the ikelite bulkhead connector is used for the headphones so you can store the unit without the phones connected and use different headphones for different tasks. the WOT coil works so well with the unit i wont be using the stock 10" coil anymore.

Minelab did mine for me..
MB.C.
Date: February 24, 2005 05:34PM
And it turned out great.. I mean, they put the bulkhead connector for the headphones in. They shortened the cable on the coil for me. Made the handle myself.
I still love the old seasearch coil.
All the best
M

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login