Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
How do you stay warm/dry at the beach this time of year?
Charles (Upsate NY)
Date: February 24, 2005 07:55PM
I'm gearing up for water hunting this year and planning to go do some beach hunting down near Beachcomber in the next week or so. How do you all keep warm and dry on the beach this time of year? I'm looking at some waist high neoprene waders from Cabelas and a fleece liner.
Here's the gear so far, aint it cool! My beach scoop arrived today, its a Babbs. I'm just finishing up a hip-mount with a quick disconnect. Those are prototype clamps fresh off the cnc mill, I'm moving the battery and electronics way back up the stock shaft for better balance.

Re: How do you stay warm/dry at the beach this time of year?
va beach max
Date: February 24, 2005 09:10PM
Re: How do you stay warm/dry at the beach this time of year?
mayumi12
Date: February 25, 2005 02:24AM
I dont get in the water as I live in Socal and the waves action is too much. But I think your on the right track.
The key is to layer.
For parts of your body that do not get in the water, first you should have a water absorbent layer such as a silk, silk/wool blend, or nylon (polar tech?) inner garment like those from Cabelas. Secondly fleece to insulate and lastly the water proof outer wear for the rain.
For parts of your body that gets in the water, basically, all you need is neoprene. I wear 3mm all year round. For lower temps, 4-5mm or ask your local dive shop. Rubbing olive oil on your skin keeps the water out even more when wearing a dive suit. I think other oils may attack the neoprene.
Wear neoprene gloves, booties and a good beanie.
HH, bing

CALLED THE FASHION POLICE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finn55cats
Date: February 25, 2005 11:42AM
Re: I stay home with my 50 HD
george tex kinsey
Date: February 25, 2005 12:22PM
Olive oil...wouldn't that attract fish with large teeth?
Charles (Upsate NY)
Date: February 25, 2005 02:52PM
After much web searching I decided to go with a Cabelas waist high neoprene wader and their fleece liner. Also a pair of Henderson hyperstretch 7mm neoprene boots. I went with the bootless wader so that I could use a pair of felt soled river boots in the local creeks this summer.
Thanks for the info it was helpful.

no,,,,, but watch out for Popeye
copperhead
Date: February 25, 2005 03:31PM
It could attract Jeffery Dahlmer to make a salad out of you
NC GHOST TEAM NC (G) & (LG)
Date: February 25, 2005 04:32PM
Speaking Of Jeffery Dahmer, DID You Know They Only JUST Rented Out His Apartment LAST WEEK Finally???
Mike (Virginia Beach)
Date: February 25, 2005 05:21PM
Yup, that's right. But that's not a big suprise, because I hear they were asking an arm and a leg for it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login