Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
How are the Florida GULF COAST Beaches for WATER-DETECTING as a RESULT of the POLUTED OIL SPILL?
Posted by: NamVetLesTreasureSeeker
Date: March 09, 2011 07:03PM
Especially in the BRAIDENTON/SARASOTA & VENICE AREA Beaches? MANY THANKS for the feedback!! Les Robinson

Re: How are the Florida GULF COAST Beaches for WATER-DETECTING as a RESULT of the POLUTED OIL SPILL?
Posted by: Finderskeeper
Date: March 09, 2011 11:13PM
I've been to the beaches to check them out and so far there has been very little oil at all. Asked a fed of the lifeguards and some of the rangers and they say so far nothing except a few blobs of oil a while back and some dead birds.

No oil so far at Siesta, Lido and Desoto beaches.

Not as many people at the beaches lately. Talked to a few people and they said that they used to go to the beach every day but have cut back due to driving costs. Not as many out of state license plates as last year at this time.

Don't go there..........cuz I will be there getting all the gold:detecting:N/T
Posted by: Bobbie
Date: March 10, 2011 04:18AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Yeah, I wouldn't care to drive 1200+ miles to hunt an oily mess......
Posted by: Bottomfeeder
Date: March 13, 2011 09:02AM
I was in Panama City a year go when the accident happened. I was watching the coast line as I drove west to start home. I guess I expected to see huge masses of oil, nothing.

Re: bobbie just have him go ahead of you and...
Posted by: deerman
Date: March 13, 2011 10:09AM
dig up all the pull tabs and junk so you won't have to,that way you dig more goodies

Re: How are the Florida GULF COAST Beaches for WATER-DETECTING as a RESULT of the POLUTED OIL SPILL?
Posted by: Dig
Date: March 13, 2011 10:23AM
No one is sure just what the effects of the spill are yet. People here are testing the water and post online the parts per million of oil and of corexit (if any). I'll try to find a link.

Posted by: Dig
Date: March 13, 2011 11:19AM
Heres that link.....enter at your own risk

http://www.floridaoilspilllaw.com/sarasota-area

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login