Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
One of my best hunts...
Posted by: rottonr
Date: November 07, 2016 05:49PM
I got a late start Sunday morning but the finds more than made up for it. 3 1/2 to 4 hours in the water and 4 hours on the road for the round trip. (It more than made up for Saturdays 3 junk rings :thumbup:) This is the second time back to this spot, 20 feet into the water I got a clad dime, a hit I could not get, a clad quarter and than the GP ring. Pressure of let the fun keep on coming. I'm hoping the picture uploads, I have a new computer and don't know how to re-size the photos,,, Yet.

Was land hunting up to 500 hours a year until my buddy Joe convinced me in the winter of 2011/2012 that I needed to start water hunting (He already had a Excalibur II) I bought one also, was a heck of a $ investment. In the spring of 2012 I used his travel scoop and the first beach we hit I got lucky with a gold cross ring with diamond chips, it was all over, I was hooked. I'm still using the same machine.

Re: One of my best hunts...
Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: November 07, 2016 10:02PM
Man I love that old class ring!! Sweet!! .. Some cool treasures!

2017 .. Gold Rings 134..........Silvers 176

Posted by: sdesic
Date: November 08, 2016 01:24AM
Awesome loot!!
Congrats!

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: November 08, 2016 05:35PM
Killer gold fines... ya thats a well spent 4hr hunt, holy smokes... congrats..

Posted by: diver608
Date: January 02, 2017 07:02PM
I'll take a gold ring an hour even with the commute. Nice job bro

Posted by: cjc
Date: January 05, 2017 03:28PM
Nice chunk of PT--and enjoy that soap.
cjc

Posted by: rottonr
Date: January 06, 2017 06:20AM
Thanks guys. The 2.4 gram ring top left I have labled as Maybe 9k I had a guy at work shoot with our X-ray gun and it turns out to be only %8.89 gold or 2.1k. I still count it as a gold ring :pinnochio

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login