Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Excal needs work, what's a new control box case cost?
Posted by: flysar
Date: January 07, 2017 11:15PM
Found a case stem, under discrimination knob, cracked in 2 places and separating from the body so I need to ship it off for repair.
Provided everything else is good any idea what transferring the guts to a new case costs?
I'll call on Monday for an estimate but was curious if anyone else may have paid for this service.
Thank you

Re: Excal needs work, what's a new control box case cost?
Posted by: surfman
Date: January 09, 2017 10:44AM
I had one done not long ago. New tube and decal. Can't remember how much but it wasn't that much. I have the invoice at home and can check later. Guy's at Kellyco took care of it. They did a good job. I understand they're backed up right now. Let us know what they say when you contact them. Especially about the turn around time.

Been in the detecting hobby for around 17 years. Currently using; Minelab CTX3030 w/stock and 6" coils. For beach and water I have two Minelab Excaliburs. An Excal II, 10"on an Anderson Carbon Fiber over and under and a Blue 1000 with a 12x10sef on a green Anderson over and under. Both with remote PP and modified headphones.

Oldest Copper; 1694 King William&Mary

Oldest Silver; 1792 Half Reale

Gold Coin; 1852 $1.00 (Found with ATPro)

YouTube Channel; surfman1968

Date: January 09, 2017 11:56AM
Turn around time 7-8 weeks, waiting on the cost estimate.

Date: January 09, 2017 04:26PM
flysar
Turn around time 7-8 weeks, waiting on the cost estimate.

$160 with a new case and pot plus shipping. WA to FL can be pricey, oh well.

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: January 10, 2017 07:05PM
I don't think that they gave you a very accurate estimate of time to get your Xcal Repaired. Either that or they have lost my machine. They have had my machine since October 28th. Have seen reports of 12 weeks so I am just biding my time.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Date: January 10, 2017 07:50PM
GeorgeinSC
I don't think that they gave you a very accurate estimate of time to get your Xcal Repaired. Either that or they have lost my machine. They have had my machine since October 28th. Have seen reports of 12 weeks so I am just biding my time.
Thank you for your update, that's to bad. Hope you'll see it soon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login