Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
ctx 3030
Posted by: stateguyt
Date: February 20, 2017 06:34PM
Anyone have problems with there machine leaking
I know the olders one did but how about the new ones
And how deep are you in the water with it (waist deep, chest deep)

Re: ctx 3030
Posted by: rottonr
Date: February 21, 2017 08:48AM
I only have the X-CAL II

Posted by: OldCapeCodder
Date: February 21, 2017 03:52PM
I WILL BE SELLING MINE...FED UP WITH MINLAB....6 WEEKS IN THE SHOP...FINALLY CAME BACK TODAY

Posted by: JamesBondaka
Date: February 22, 2017 05:31PM
This is my 2nd one.....my first one leaked. My second now about 3 years old......with the new seals......not a problem. Many trips submerged in water for long periods....not a hint of water inside. Larger seals are the key......and silicone helps!

................................*.................In Oregon, I will find a million dollars, one penny at a time!............Viva la diggo.................*.........................................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If the hobby of metal detecting made perfect sense...everyone would do it~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

V3i ExpSe Xlt F75 Umax Dfx Mxt Gmt Ace ETrac 505 Gold & Coinmaster Deleon Mpx Prizm II Cz5/3D Goldengate 3D BH300 Ctx Jeohunter Tm-808

Posted by: OldCapeCodder
Date: February 23, 2017 06:44AM
I HAVE HAD 3 LEAKING 3030'S THAT MINELAB REPLACED 3-4 YEARS AGO. Minelab finally got me a good one that does not leak. It has been in service 2 1/2 years without a leak. You can buy a set of uograded seals on ebay for $10 . My upgrades are in transit. :clapping:

Posted by: thE-TRACker
Date: February 24, 2017 05:36PM
For the last 4 years I've regularly used mine in the Gulf and no problems.. I did upgrade to the thicker seals as a precaution . Just be careful before you go out and rinse your detector off in fresh water . I love this machine !

Posted by: rottonr
Date: February 25, 2017 05:23AM
I know this doesn't answer your question but when the CTX 3030 came out my thought was why spend more for 1 machine than 2 (X-cal 2 and E-trac). I like that I have an in-line probe and many coils on the E-trac I can change out quickly. I understand why the X-cal is hard wired but I do like the fact it is setup and ready to go with no messing around. And the main reason I prefer two machines instead of one is if one quits working I can still hunt somewhere with the other.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login