Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
New Scoop Handles
Posted by: pistolpete
Date: April 17, 2017 05:27PM
Black Beauties. Looking for a very high quality 2 piece carbon fiber scoop handle with the strongest joint in the industry? Look no further! Our 2 piece Neptune handles feature 1 3/8"(35mm) outside diameter, 2.54mm wall thickness, 22 1/2" long segments, hard gun metal gray anodized joints, foam filled for flotation, soft vinyl grip and lower core plug. Take a look at these in- process units... Shipping in May, price TBD

Pete Anderson www.andersondetectorshafts.com

Re: New Scoop Handles
Posted by: TreasureHawk
Date: April 23, 2017 08:41PM
Can they be modified to suppress a Ruger Mark II?
Sorry! Wrong forum.:lol:

Posted by: mike k.
Date: April 24, 2017 06:59AM
$50.00 would be a fair price ......... BUT that's not going to happen .

Posted by: skateteacher
Date: May 05, 2017 11:04PM
I'm a buyer if the price is right. I'd love a carbon fiber handle but not if it's going to cost a car payment to get. I'm glad there is some competition in this so maybe we have more choices in purchasing.

Posted by: jadocs
Date: May 08, 2017 10:29AM
I like it a lot. Looking forward to finding out how much they will be sold for.

Posted by: Stogger
Date: May 15, 2017 01:55PM
Can these be drilled at the scoop connecting end, in my case to fit a T-Rex? ...and without affecting the integrity of the carbon fiber.
Thanks,
Mike

Posted by: pistolpete
Date: May 15, 2017 02:03PM
They are made for the T Rex and include fasteners and instructions...

Date: June 02, 2017 11:41PM
Thanks pistolpete! Especially with this last hunt 8.5 hours on the beach, my right shoulder feels it. Those carbon handles sound really good about now!
Mike

Date: June 07, 2017 08:05PM
How much are they and how do I get one?
Mike

HOW MUCH?
Posted by: pinenut
Date: June 12, 2017 12:18AM
Stogger
How much are they and how do I get one?
Mike

Yeah; how much? I just bought myself a T-Rex.
I'd buy one of these if priced fairly.. Otherwise, it's going to be a $12 AAMES wooden handle.

one more wheatie..

Posted by: dan b
Date: June 26, 2017 08:26AM
I'm curious too. I have a T-rex and currently have a wooden handle.

Current detectors:
:garrett: ATPro
Previously owned: :tesoro:, :garrett:, :fisher: , :teknetics:, :minelab:, and :whites:

Posted by: pinenut
Date: June 26, 2017 11:13AM
dan b
I'm curious too. I have a T-rex and currently have a wooden handle.

If you're not super tall (I'm 5'8"), then just go down to WallyWorld and buy one of their $6 shovels. They're made in Canada and have a good quality wooden handle...
Here's my T-Rex with one of them. Just sand the end to fit the T-Rex snuggly and seal the wood. This one is impregnated with a couple coats of pure beeswax, but I'll probably put a coat of paraffin wax on it too. Should last for a while and at $6 per handle.. I can replace it every year. Those CF handles look great and are probably lighter, but when you can get wood for $6 per...

one more wheatie..

Posted by: Daddy
Date: June 27, 2017 09:23PM
I sanded my wooden handle to fit, and then let the sanded end soak for about a day or so in a coffee can full of Thompson's Water Seal. Worked great.

Metal Detectorist - Dig hard, and deep.

Posted by: pasttom
Date: July 03, 2017 01:24PM
I swapped my hardware store handle for an Anderson CF over 6 months ago. I press fit T-Rex and gaffer taped lip to see if it would slip at all without doing the screw - no problem. I am VERY happy with the improvement to my scoop. I had cracked my old wood handle in less than a month. For me the cost was worth the better comfort and more solid feel. I hunt a lot and the investment makes sense. If you can't afford professional quality equipment or don't hunt enough do what works for you, by all means. I learned the hard way, buy quality once or cheap several times (paying more in long run and failures rob hunt time).

Pastor Tom
7 Minelabs, 3 Makros and a few others - rebuilding inventory
under the watchful eyes of my Welsh Corgi Sadie

Posted by: ROBOCOP
Date: July 04, 2017 02:34PM
I think my scoop assist handle would look pretty good on your 2 part CF handles.

I like to mount the assist handle about 20 inches above the scoop. At what height is your connection?

ROBOCOP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login